Complete Travel Novice Needs Info

My significant other is planning a move to Ecuador, and I am planning on going with him. I have many questions, but my main question is whether I can be considered a "family member" to him (as far as visa requirements, etc) or if I would need to be considered on my own, since we are not legally married. We have lived together in the same home for almost a year, and we are living as a couple.

This is a TOTAL new experience to me as I have not yet (and I"m 48) EVER traveled outside of the USA; but am extremely excited for this adventure. I have wanted to be a published author my entire life, and I am an extrovert who craves new experiences and encounters. I have written many things, but have not yet published anything. I am working on a plan to publish 3 E-published works per year and 2 print projects. Also, I desire to blog and teach others how to live healthy.

So, at this point, I am just seeking information. Anything you can tell me about the process is welcomed! Thank you in advance

While I wouldn't listen to me, Unless you are married, you wil have to qualify for visas on your own.

I think Nards Barely got it correct. They look at relationships that are documented i.e. marriage certificates and birth certificates that prove a relationship.

All the best.