Expats in Ha Long

Hey guys,

I just moved to Cam Pha recently and was hoping to find / meet expats in Ha Long or Cam Pha.

If anyone knows anybody that currently or previously lived in Ha Long / Cam Pha or nearby cities that'd be a great help!

Cheers,

Hi there. I am currently deciding if I should move to Ha Long. I have a job offer in a school in Halong Bay. Do you know anything about the area? I can find plenty of information about visiting as a tourist, but very little about quality of life for an expat living there.

If you have any information about the place you could share I would be very grateful.

Kind regards,

Chris.

HI

Has anyone received any feedback from this area please

Hi Chrissy,
I'm currently in HCMC and I have also just been offered a position in Halong Bay. Like you I can't find any information about expat life in this area or the social atmosphere in general. I'm not sure if you are there now but If you have any insight about this I'd love to hear your thoughts / experiences

There are always jobs in this area due to it not being in favour with most expats. Most people usually stay there short term.

any vacancy for work in Halong for Expats?

JJPedrosa wrote:

any vacancy for work in Halong for Expats?

What type of work.

hi,

I have just returned to my hometown, Ha Long, and i can provide you with some information you need.

1- Working & expat community: Unlike Hanoi and HCM city, there are not many expats here for work. There are some working in engineering sector in Cam Pha (45mins from Ha Long) and some are working as english teachers in Ha Long city itself. I don't really see foreigners on the street daily but i do see a few in the cafe at night ˆˆ Foreigners are mostly tourists and they are staying at hotels on the other side of the bridge.

2- Leisure & Entertainment: Ha Long city is a small city by the sea so you can really enjoy the sea view and have fresh seafood daily. There are 2 big shopping malls (with supermarket and cinema) which are Vincom and Lotte Mart. There are cafes and restaurants around. They are not many people here hence no traffic jams, no queuing and less noise. I always walk along the seaside in late afternoon have coffee with my friends at night : )

Do contact me if you need a friend to show you around or simply to have a great chat ˆˆ

Christina
fb: Christina Cao

Hi, I'm an asian expat who works in halong city. You may reply or send me a message if you have questions.

Hi, what sort of job?

Hi Michael,

I am currently living in Ha Long, I moved here about 2 months ago. Are you still living in Cam Pha?

Evie

Hello guys,

I plan to move to Ha long next month, January 2018. To be honest I don't know more than what Google said about Ha Long. If there is any information about daily life there, it will be grateful for me. Anyone can help me about the rent flatt or apartment or small house, please? Thank you so much

Tyas_09 wrote:

Hello guys,

I plan to move to Ha long next month, January 2018. To be honest I don't know more than what Google said about Ha Long. If there is any information about daily life there, it will be grateful for me. Anyone can help me about the rent flatt or apartment or small house, please? Thank you so much

Are you moving there to teach English?

To be honest I am not looking for job. But I can help to teach or do any volunteering I will be happy to do that. I move there for finish my screen play writing and have a nice quite simple place for my meditation. I would like to share rent for house...or maybe apartment. Please let me know if I can get more information on that. Thank you so much...I am I am sorry for my super late reply

Hi Guy,
I'm in Campha now, if you still stay there please contact me. i am also looking for an English teacher or an expat friend :D

Hi Tyas_09
Nice to talk to you! Can i become you friend? i'm looking for a friend to talk to because i want to improve my english. If you have more time, i can hire you as my english teacher! hope to receive your feedback! and if you need a help also contact me please, it's very happy to help you!
you can add contact me by number:**** you can search this number on facebook to see my facebook account.
P/s: any one if need a help in halong or Campha city, please be comfortable to contact me!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi michaelschaefer7.
Are you still in Campha city?

you are still in cam pha?

I am in Da Nang

Hi Papoldecena,
i'm living in Cam Pha now. Do you live there?