World Baseball Classic

Puerto Rico just won against Holand in the Classic, this puts it as one of the 2 contenders for the final game that will be played Wednesday. Tonight the US plays against Japan, whichever wins will face Puerto Rico which so far has not lost a single game.
Island is full of joy as they were not expecting such a good run (pun intended).
The island will explote in joy if they win the classic, things may get a little noisy Wednesday late at night and Thursday if they win.

for your information, people sometimes shoot their guns in the air, keep yourself and pets under a roof Wednesday night for at least an hour after the game ends. Several people have been hurt in the past, it is both illigal and highly discouraged but people still do it.

By the way, Wednesday is also a holiday in PR, abolition of slavery. Some banks will be closed, others will have only a few branches open. Check before you go.

WEEEEEPPPPPAAAAA!!!! I have been watching and rooting for the team and I can  imagine the excitement the island is experiencing right now! PR ALL THE WAY!

PR is totally kicking BUTT!

7 wins in a row, have not lost a game.
Hard to say if US or Japan will be the one in the finals tomorrow against Puerto Rico. We shall see which one tonight depending on the results of the game that starts around 9 pm tonight.

Well US won against Japan so tonight at 9 pm or so, US will face the undefeated Puerto Rico team for the championship. Puerto Rico had a previous game against them and won it, so they are coming for revenge. It should be a hot game with winner takes all.

Too bad I can not watch it, I get up very early in the morning to go to work so I can not stay up to watch.

Enjoy it, if Puerto Rico wins, there will be a lot of Jubilation in the island, so even you may get woken up.

The Governor is providing a Jet Blue charter plane to bring to PR those team members that can (other obligations) to come and celebrate in PR win or loose. Thursday will be interesting and there may be a parade but that is a guess on my part.

I will be watching and rooting PR all the way...minus my individual rooting for the Giant's players that are on the U.S. team!  ;)

If you live in CA, then the game is early in the evening for you. We will look away when you root for US team.

I promise to keep it to myself!

Watching the game Puerto Rico - Netherlands with my (PR) wife and (PR) neighbor was fun.
Tonight we'll get together to watch the final game and now all of us are rooting for PR! :D

Gary wrote:

Watching the game Puerto Rico - Netherlands with my (PR) wife and (PR) neighbor was fun.
Tonight we'll get together to watch the final game and now all of us are rooting for PR! :D

Lots of chicken wings with tostones and plenty of beer I bet

ReyP wrote:

You got that right.  Bacalaitos, too I hear. :D

Gary wrote:
ReyP wrote:

You got that right.  Bacalaitos, too I hear. :D

Well sounds like I should stop by your house one of these years, you know how to celebrate.

Yeah, we should do that.
I'm not going anywhere.

I been reading in FB, some towns are having the game on the "plaza" and making it a big event. I read that even the government is providing a charter flight for the players back to the island and there is a big parade scheduled for tomorrow.

Nobody party like a puertorican!!

The governor was heading there this afternoon, I asume he is there already and he will travel back with them tonight on the way to PR.

Well so much for PR winning, but they tried hard.

http://foryourpics.com/images/2017/03/23/gracias_pr.jpg

So how was the game?
What you liked and dislike besides loosing?

The game was disappointing. After 7 straight wins we'd expected more fireworks.
The US pitcher, Stroman who couldn't control the PR hitters in the group game (6-5 for PR),  allowed only one hit in six innings.

What I liked? The spicy chicken nuggets were pretty good, so were the bacaloitos. We had banana tostones with a garlic/olive oil mojito and there were plenty cold Medallas. :D

Gary wrote:

The game was disappointing. After 7 straight wins we'd expected more fireworks.
The US pitcher, Stroman who couldn't control the PR hitters in the group game (6-5 for PR),  allowed only one hit in six innings.

What I liked? The spicy chicken nuggets were pretty good, so were the bacaloitos. We had banana tostones with a garlic/olive oil mojito and there were plenty cold Medallas. :D

:lol:

I've been watching the grand reception of Team Puerto Rico here on the island. Thousands and thousands of fans at the airport and along the route, a parade that caused traffic on the 26 from SJ to the airport to come to a standstill in both directions.

Despite the rain cheering fans everywhere, the players not minding the rain on the open second floor of a bus. Music, dancing, singing.. Huge party!

Gotta love this place!

However when it is time to protest something the goverment is doing or failing to do, we only get 20 people.

For a party the entire island comes out,  :lol:

ReyP wrote:

However when it is time to protest something the goverment is doing or failing to do, we only get 20 people.

For a party the entire island comes out,  :lol:

Unfortunately that is the island mentality.

I watched it but the young man Stroman was on and there was nothing that could be done about that. I wished it could have ended better but they put forth a valiant effort and made it real fun to watch.

Thanks guys

boricanroots wrote:

I watched it but the young man Stroman

Interesting fact: Stroman could have chosen to play for the PR team since his mother is a native Puertorican.