Get together in Luquillo Oct 27

I have been organising a get together for members of the Forum at the Brass Cactus at 5 pm on Oct 27. We currently have about 8 people showing up. Since I do not know who else would like to join us, or is close enough to attend, I am making this an open invitation.

If you were not previously contacted and would like to Join us, please private message me your real name and a phone number to contact you in case the hour changes or if there is a need to move it to a different location and to know how big of a table to get.

Those that responded already are in the list.

My photo is all over this Forum, so you should have no problem locating me or the group.

Lets chat, have some drinks and something to eat, lets exchange PR experiences, good or bad. Plan on 2 to 3 hours to get to know each others and exchange contact info with some.
Thanks, hope you can make it.
Rey

We will see you there!  Looking forward to meeting you and other expats!!

George and I will be there...looking forward to it...

I hope to attend as well.

Private message me with contact info and how many people so i can let you know of any last minute changes.
Welcome

Well so far we have grown a bit, at last count it looks like 13 people coming including me and the wife.
Anyone else????

Hello Rey,
Great idea .  Myself  & wife Grace interested.  Is this a luncheon  or dinner time.  We'll be driving from Hatillo.. José

Jose the meet up is scheduled for 5 pm and will probably run for 2-3 hours between chatting, drinks and dinner. Obvoiusly each person is responsible for their consumption. I will need a phone number for you so I can let you know if there is any issues or delays, send me a private message with that.

Some updates:
*** We are still set for 5 pm at the Brass Cactus in Luquillo on Tuesday Oct 27 ***

The count so far is 16 to 17 people attending, so there is plenty of people to meet.
If anybody has not made up their mind yet there is still time, I check the site multiple times a day.

So you know which avatars are attending: Frogrock and Brother, Sugarbird, A couple Friends of Sugarbird, Melendezki, Johnnyhulk, BearNVa, JoseTosa, and westernprguy. Most are couples so we got 16 or 17 total.

Now some bad news but not affecting the meet:
* I just heard that I will not be able to close on the house in Ceiba due to an issue with the drawing of the land plot being incorrect and not matching the records on file. I been told it is going to take several weeks to get it straight. (Island time).

But the meet is still on, and we will lay on the beach and spend some swimming pool time instead of closing on a house and meet you all at 5 pm.

This is a great opportunity to meet others, try to make it.
Those that have not given me a count of their party, or have not send me contact information (Phone and email) please do so as soon as possible.
Thanks
Rey

See you then

I wish I were on the island then :(  Rey, so sorry to hear that you closing has been pushed back.  Hopefully, they'll get it straightened out soon.

Rey,

Sorry to hear about your house. But you want to make sure everything is in order before closing, and yes it is island time so it will probably take longer.......

Maybe we get to meet you in December if it get push back that far....

RS

sorry about the closing.... seems this is common here on the island... we were ready to buy on the westside and when it got down to brass tacks we found out that the owner of the land we were wanting had no idea what he had... the CRIM and the deed didn't match and he had no idea what the property lines were so the realestate agent took the property of the market said they would get back to us and we never heard anything more... so we bought on the east side. We keep looking for it back on the market but it hasn't been listed again...

Buying a place in is not too straigh forward in PR, specially when not there to supervise each step.

But what is important at this moment is that we are having a get together and making new friends.

I heard they make good margaritas.
Some of you been to that restaurant, I never been, so what do you all recomend there?

the burgers are good and the mojitos are good...

adlin20 wrote:

Rey,

Sorry to hear about your house. But you want to make sure everything is in order before closing, and yes it is island time so it will probably take longer.......

Maybe we get to meet you in December if it get push back that far....

RS

I am now targeting mid January. Better for tax purpose. Maybe we can meet you then

Let me know also for January. It would be great to meet you guys then.
Maybe we can meet somewhere in between the east and west coast for some of us not near the metro area.

I sure will let you know. Wife never been to west of the island so we may have a day trip there.

We can always get a big group together and head to your place, LOL.

That sounds great. Just let me know when and how many and we can certainly host a large group.

If you have plans to get together in December, please let us know. We will be in the island from mid December thru first week of January and would love to meet some of you. Our house is in Sabana Grande so not too far from Rincon area.

Update: We have a reservation for 15 people at the Brass Cactus in Luquillo at 5 PM Tuesday Oct 27 under the name Rey Perez.  Table is in the inside of the restaurant, not in the bar area. Please try to be on time.

See you there guys and gals, I will try to come in a little earlier to hold the table and sample the Margaritas.
Rey.

PS. I have email and phones for any last minute issue, I will call or write an email if that is all I have. I will also try to update this subject in the forum if there are any changes.
Now I need to get ready as I flight tomorrow to PR.

Hope you guys have a good time!! Make sure to update us poor fellows that won't be in the island.

adlin20 wrote:

Hope you guys have a good time!! Make sure to update us poor fellows that won't be in the island.

I will update you all, may even put up a page, specially of anybody dancing on the table.

haha, sounds like a good time to be had!

Well i got to PR today.
Tomorrow i am going to Ceiba Post office to get a PO Box And also try to open a checking accoutvant at Banco Popular. Later I will go out to dinner with my lawyer and realtor.
Tiesday no plans orger than the pool and the get together at 5 p with you guys.
Wednesday head back to the cold in MA.

Glad you made it safe and sound.  You have a very short trip this time...have fun with the get together!

Wishing you guys a lot of fun, tomorrow. we would have loved to be there but this week is crazy busy, we're on the road all over the island for a client.

Thanks Gary, we will find the time to get together soon

Well we used today to get a p.o. Box and a checking account at Banco Popular.
That should make transition easier.
1/2 hour at post office and 2 hours at the bank, not too bad.

I'm looking forward to the report and pictures (hint, hint).

just limin wrote:

I'm looking forward to the report and pictures (hint, hint).

Me too!!! :cool:

Today is the day! I have to make a dress, buy shoes, get my hair curled, my nails painted and say the Rosary.
Or, I can start the party early and open a bottle of Don Q for breakfast. 
What's a girl to do?

frogrock wrote:

Today is the day! I have to make a dress, buy shoes, get my hair curled, my nails painted and say the Rosary.
What's a girl to do?

Ha!  Get the party started!  Looking forward to meeting you tonight!!

frogrock wrote:

What's a girl to do?

We can always count on you to get everyone in the party mood.

Rey and everyone going tonight, have a blast getting to know everyone. Hopefully someday soon I will get a chance to meet ya all.

Please send pics and reports on the activities.

I second that.  I'm in the West & just can't make that drive tonight.  Hope to meet up soon though.

We lost two from the west side of the island so the count is a little lower but still good.
I invited two friends from PR, besides being friends, one is a realtor and the other is a lawyer/notary. Those coming will be able to ask them questions.
They will probably show a little late since they coming from the metro area.
Other than that no changes, lets see who dances first on the table.

Just got back form a 14 hours on the road day to and back from the west.
I hope you guys are having fun in Luquillo!

It was really nice meeting everyone... had fun, good talks, and food...hope everyone got home safely...thanks REYP for putting this together...

I will be posting a video or two of the group singig wirh FrogRock playing music.
We had a blast.

After most people left Johnny, Carlos and the wife and I stayed. A while longer. The restaurant get us a set of drinks free and we had some desert. By the time we left it was past 10:30 pm. We are traveling today so no time to post much, i will post the videos tomorrow

I total we had 11 or twelve people rhere.