Places to Live

Hi Everyone. The opportunity has risen that I may travel to Ireland to work out of Northern Ireland as my office location. I am wondering where everyone suggests for living. The work would be in Derry, Northern Ireland and I am curious if anyone knows if most people work in Derry and live across the border or if living within Northern Ireland is just as smooth. I initially thought Belfast for a spot to live, but also see that Derry could be an option. Anyone have any ideas?

I am from California (specifically Northern California). I have lived here my whole life and am very found of the mountainsides and beach/marina life.  I am 32 so being able to be active is something I would love. I love going out to restaurants and enjoying where I live.

Also, if anyone has any good websites to view housing/flat rentals and car leases that would be great!

Hello, you might as well try to live in Derry and then you can use it as a base to travel to places like Portrush and Portstewart which have great golf courses and are about a 1 hour drive away. You can also easily cross into Donegal for spectacular mountain views - same mountain range as in Scotland but smaller. With all the issues surrounding Brexit, it may be a risk to live in Donegal and work in Derry as no one knows if borders will be reinstalled. You could always rent for 6-12 months and look around until you found be something you like. Good luck. Eamon