How to make friends in Slovenia

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Slovenia :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Slovenia??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi everybody,
I'm looking for some friend from slovenia. Several week now that I'm trying this but without result!
then maybe I get more lucky here ;o)
I wish you the best to all!
Reagrds
thibô

Welcome on board Thibô,

maybe the expat network Slovenia can help?

All the best,

Julien

Hi I'm interested make friends in Slovenia.

Yes, I have the same problem since i don't speak the language yet....
So if all the expats and slovenians who want to meet could write something here, we could make some appointement.... It's just an idea but if  we could all walk together it could make things easier...

Hi, I just noticed this question, it is a good one, one that I ask myself most times! Its really difficult to start up a conversation (a) when you donŽt know Slovene very well (b) without someone thinking Žohhhh he or she is interested in much more than a mere conversation!Ž:/ 

I have tired going to events but everyone seem to go off into their private little groups and leaves the new kid out! :rolleyes:

So if anyone has tips and tricks feel free to pass them along please.. :)

Hi!
I know, it's not easy to make new friends when you aren't sure in speaking the language, but I think that people here like to practice their English, too :) My suggestion is to join some interest or sport group, choir etc. When I was abroad I also found it difficult to make friends with locals, but joining a choir helped me a bit :)
Well, and of course, if you want to have some coffee in Ljubljana, you can contact me :)

am here two years and i cant have friend yet its so sad this just make me miss and apreciate my friends in morocco:/

[moderated: offensive comment]

Hello,I'm kehinde jones by the name from nigeria.I'm interested in making some friends online before gettin to ljubljana by ending of february 2014.slovenia has always been on my mind since teenager  because of their rich cultures and the wonderful friendly people which I read they are, so I'm hopin and craving to meet them soon while I'm gonna be there my vacation.pls I need someone to also teach me slovene because I don't experience language barriers.thanks

Hei,

If Anybody wants a friend I'm here :) I would love to hang out with french people. Don't worry, i speak french :D

Kaja

Salut Kaja
Avec plaisir pour boire un café et faire connaissance.
Je suis française et je vis a Celje depuis 2 ans.
Tiens moi au courant.
Marie

Hi Kaja,
I'm Mohamed, Piran. would like to have coffee together if u once come piran

Hi,

I will probably come to Portorož in a month or so. It would be my pleasure to go have a drink with you!
We should exchange contacts, otherwise i will forget :D

I like making friends with foreign people, and have no problems speaking french.

Best wishes,
Kaja

Hi,
It's my pleasure too, Here's my e-mail: [email protected]

Hi all,

I'm Jag from UK. I visit Slovenia often and I would like to establish a network of friends there. I have read some members are interested in the French language, and although I have no fluency within this language, I can help with some aspects of English. It would be great to meet some of you in my next trip for a coffee or drink.

Hei, i'd like to meet u when u come, if only i'll have time!

Leave me a message here when/if you come : ))

Thank you Kaja, I will certainly do so!

hi everyone I live in Maribor I found dificult to make friends here because of the language. I really need to make friends with the Slovenian or that are strange for a meeting or why not create a group and do activities
it's always possible
thank you I am always free

Hi,
I will soon be coming to Ljubljana with family.

Looking to meet people during my sejour in Slovenia, lake Bled.

Hello jeremymarie and welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for your first post on the forum, however kindly note that this particular thread has been inactive since december 2014.

Hope you get some responses though.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi ! I am nadia . Do you still live there ? In slovenia ?

If someone wants slovenian friend let me know ;) Im in Ljubljana

Bonjour, vous habite encore  ici En slovene? Je habite v celju. Un caffe pourquoi pas☺

Hello I'm at Kranj for Short period