Driving test centre

Hi, I am living in Chon Buri (the dark side) of east Pattaya, could somebody please advise me of the nearest driving test centre and the procedures and costs, , do I just turn up< make an appointment on line borrow a car or hire an instructor, i am a little lost, many thanks all

Dept. of Land Transportation is located here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9675123 … 311,15.75z

To obtain you will need:
1.  Passport and copy of information page and visa.
2.  Residence Certificate from Immigration certifying your address.
3.  Medical certificate you can obtain from a clinic.  Tell them you need certificate to obtain drivers license.
4.  If you have foreign license bring and make copy.

I think you can still just show up and tell person at info desk you want to obtain car drivers license and they will give you proper form.  Complete form then go upstairs.

Upstairs will check to make sure you have copies of required documents and valid visa.  You will then proceed to next step.
1. Watch one hour movie.
2. Take physical test (a few eye test and a reaction time test).
3.  If you have license you are usually done and will pay fee then wait to be called so photo can be taken and verify info for license.  Wait a few more minutes for finished license.
4.  No license and you will need to take theory test.
5.  No license and you will also be required to take practical driving test.  You must provide car.
6.  Photo and  info verification as done in step 3.

Don't remember fee but its very little.

And remember to be properly dressed for business in Thailand. That means you wear some kinds of pants, absolutely no shorts, and a collared shirt, no T - Shirts. I have seen them turn people away for not being properly dressed.

Straydog you are an absolute gentleman thank you very much
kind regards

Jeff

Thanks Bill that another must do tip
regards

Jeff