Alcohol Laws in Siem Reap

Can anyone point me in the direction of the liquor laws in Cambodia/Siem Reap?  When I visited, I noticed that there were mobile bars riding through Pub Street.  Are they licensed? 

I am curious but could not find anything online.

THANK YOU

Kelley (Future Ex-Pat)

This is Cambodia. If all the non-licensed places were closed, the town would come to a standstill. They are licensed in so far as they have paid off the local coppers. There will be a crackdown eventually, but they will reappear after two weeks.

What is your concern, anyway?;-)

Alcohol and Liquor are very regulated in my current world (when to sell it, when you can buy it, who can sell it, etc).  I'm exploring an alcohol related business and want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it

Kelley

Not much regulation here (you are not from Oz by any chance:-)).

Keep in min two things:

The playing field is not level, different rules apply for locals and foreigners.

Rules can change at the drop of the hat (especially with foreigners involved).

Good luck.

Why do you want to do business in Siem Reap ? How long hAve you lived there? Have you researched anything about it? Do you speak the language? Do you know the laws? You better ask some xpats first

Stan - I am doing research and asking expats, which is why I posted to the forum.

Based on your response, my assumption is the you find it difficult to run a business in Siem Reap. Is that the case?

Not Oz, New York.

Are you planning on opening a bar or restaurant or both? Where would you be located at , near Pub Street ?

Hello,    What I'm trying to say to is, you better do your homework before you invest. Do as much research as you can . ........some xpats have a saying here,,,,,,if you want to be a millionaire here, start with 2 million.

Hello,    What I'm trying to say to is, you better do your homework before you invest. Do as much research as you can . ........some xpats have a saying here,,,,,,if you want to be a millionaire here, start with 2 million.

Be careful whatever you do. Do as much homework and research as possible. Ask as many business owners as you can. I've seen plenty come and go.