HIV positive and work permit HCMS

Is it mandatory to get HIV tested for work permit in VN (HCMC).What if the result comes positive?
Do they not give work permit ?

Depends on the company and the work requirements. It's mostly not required.

But hey, do take care of yourself! And when it comes to "having fun", do let some blood flow to the big head. Too much blood in the "little brother" is never good. It's been proven.

Gday Kirk,

If your concerned you "may" be HIV+  you would be better off getting that diagnosed as a priority.
I wouldn't be worried about a work permit ....unless your obsessed with working for peanuts here.

Get that sorted out straight away , THEN worry about working.  Living well is  a lot more fun than working .

Hope it's nothing to worry about. Good luck mate

Where I live they do check for HIV and Hep-B if your going to work in a restaurant . Of course, street venders do not. That is why liver cancer is so bad here.
For those who come here a word to the wise, make sure you have the Hep-B antibody or get vaccinated. Hep-B is everywhere here.

Diazo wrote:

Where I live they do check for HIV and Hep-B if your going to work in a restaurant . Of course, street venders do not. That is why liver cancer is so bad here.
For those who come here a word to the wise, make sure you have the Hep-B antibody or get vaccinated. Hep-B is everywhere here.

Hep-B is prevalent throughout Asia and because of this, It's been part of childhood vaccinations in Vietnam since the early 80's. The high liver cancer rate is attributed to the older population before the introduction of the vaccination program with untreated chronic hepatitis B which leads to hepatitis induced liver cancer after around 35+ years on.

Your chances of fighting it off and developing immunity to it if you get it as an adult is high. It's when your a child with weaker immune system it becomes chronic. But yeah, should get a booster shot before you go.

Hep-C is more common in the US.

Phicacho,
   Yes, I understand all that. But there is a high rate of Hep-B here and there are many who come here who do not have the antibody. I think perhaps you missed the intent of my post. That is if you do not know if you have the antibody get checked for it. If need be get the immunization. It is a speedy death once your organs begin to shut down, and not worth the risk when it is preventable. But you do as you wish. I was not discussing Hep-C in the USA, which is entirely different. But thanks for your insights.

Diazo wrote:

Phicacho,
   Yes, I understand all that. But there is a high rate of Hep-B here and there are many who come here who do not have the antibody. I think perhaps you missed the intent of my post. That is if you do not know if you have the antibody get checked for it. If need be get the immunization. It is a speedy death once your organs begin to shut down, and not worth the risk when it is preventable. But you do as you wish. I was not discussing Hep-C in the USA, which is entirely different. But thanks for your insights.

No mistake in your intent, you're getting a bit defensive over nothing. It's a valid point which I agree, everyone should get hepatitis B vaccinated before they go.

I was only balancing the perception that hepatitis b is an epidemic by saying it was, it still is amongst those born before the 80's. It's not a problem with the population born after 80's. That's a fair and valid point to make.

I am sorry if I came across a defensive. Not intended. I think many do not realize how many youngster here do not get inoculated at birth because their parents refuse. My wife tried to refuse but I intervened. There is a lot of fear amongst the populace on the entire immunization process, so they are reluctant to get them. They have had news stories of bad batches, and supposed deaths so they extrapolate out of that the wrong thing.
But it would be difficult I think to ID every street food vendor to see if they were born before or after 1980. Then you would have to see if they even knew if their parents allowed them to get the vaccine.
So for me I have chosen to make sure all my Vietnamese relatives know of the issue and have paid for them to be tested for the antibody.
  I have spoken to so many expats that did not even know Hep-B should be a concern.

Diazo wrote:

I am sorry if I came across a defensive. Not intended. I think many do not realize how many youngster here do not get inoculated at birth because their parents refuse. My wife tried to refuse but I intervened. There is a lot of fear amongst the populace on the entire immunization process, so they are reluctant to get them. They have had news stories of bad batches, and supposed deaths so they extrapolate out of that the wrong thing.
But it would be difficult I think to ID every street food vendor to see if they were born before or after 1980. Then you would have to see if they even knew if their parents allowed them to get the vaccine.
So for me I have chosen to make sure all my Vietnamese relatives know of the issue and have paid for them to be tested for the antibody.
  I have spoken to so many expats that did not even know Hep-B should be a concern.

I do recall reading somewhere in the media when several babies died after having it. It's a shame misinformation can put parents off from protecting their children.

http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/news/hepati … ps-vietnam

Not everyone is ignorant of the dangers. More recently there was an incident and article about parents travelling 200km to queue up days for a french made vaccine that also treated hepatitis b. Perhaps their desperation was related to the previous scare stories. That's quite a dedication for their children.

http://dtinews.vn/en/news/017004/43181/ … cines.html

Phikachu,
   Unfortunately this is all to common here in VN. I suspect much of it is very warranted fear. Since so many here will go to any means to make money. You hear about it in so many areas of the economy here. Adulterated booze, Chinese potatoes, pig filled with water to weigh more, adulterated coffee. I am sure some vaccines are the same way. This is why the previous posters lamentations that Hep-B is given here so if the person was born after 1980 all is fine.
I feared when I tried to warn people to be checked that someone one come into the conversation to diminish the real concern all should have here.
Thanks for the input.