Help with suspected spider bite

Hi, my name's Tom and I've just moved to HCMC from England. Been here about a week and I need some help.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've been bitten by a spider (according to some research on Google). I've been to the doctor but it's not healing.

The site developed a huge blister which keeps growing and filling with water. Does anyone recognise what this is? Is it a spider bite?

I'm currently on antihistamines and keeping the site clean with disinfectant but it's put a bit of a downer on what was meant to be a new start.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I'm hoping (not in a nasty way) that this has happened to someone before or it's a common occurrence and recognisable bite.

I woke up one morning to the exact same thing.

Thought it was a giant mozzie bite. Just like you, huge blister, then it burst. Took ages to heal (like 2 months)  necrosis. left a huge round scar for life.

dont think theres anything you can do about it. probably a false widow, brown widow or sth. effing itchy too.

call it bullet wound, endless hours of war stories there

People get bitten all over Asia but most problems are nothing issues that require not much doing about them.
Your bite sounds much worse so, just to be on the safe side, I'd be tempted to find another doctor and get a second opinion.

Don't let one very naughty creepy crawly put you off the whole place - poop happens from time to time but only your attitude decides the fate of your underwear.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about. Hopefully mine won't be as serious. Thanks for commenting.

Yes, I think I took a round while saving a little girl during a bank robbery. It was just before I took the robbers down with my bare hands😂

Cheers Fred, trying to remain philosophical about it all at the moment.

Woke up 3 days ago with exactly the same, huge read area on left side of throat and nice size sack. Just taking antihistamines to relieve the itching. What did you end up doing for your situation please, how long did it take for it to get better?
Thanks

americanobueno wrote:

Woke up 3 days ago with exactly the same, huge read area on left side of throat and nice size sack. Just taking antihistamines to relieve the itching. What did you end up doing for your situation please, how long did it take for it to get better?
Thanks

Aside from getting medical help for a suspected venomous bite, the most important things you can do are to keep the wound clean--even if only with soap and water--washing three times a day...and definitely do not scratch it.

Insect bites usually become infected due to a combination of scratching and poor hygiene.

amazing, when I was in Saigon the air was so bad nothing was able to survive, no mosquitos, no birds, only rats and roaches