Hi FRIENDS! Job search in Zagreb...

Hi there,

as you may read in my profile, i have decided not to waste my (her) time and step towards our future. Life is too short, they say...

So, keep it brief. I started to look for a job/contract opportunity in Zagreb/Croatia. Actually, i am starting now :)

I am an IT freelancer in Czech Republic, Prague. I am not very succesful, thanks to the fact i cannot live for myself only. I had splitted with a woman after 9 years relationship, now it is 1 year ago. I found this lovely girl from B&H (Bosnia & Hercegovina - Banja Luka), it feels like she is the one and she is able to wait for me, but...

... but, i am loosing my nerves. In the hope we could get closer to each other i started to search for an employer. Intensively. I can have a job tomorrow, here in Prague, but i have decided to focus on the top companies and i almost succeded yesterday, today they called me i was #2 from 22 candidates, but this did not make me happy, because 1) i am slightly running out of money and 2) there is nothing like #2 for me. They said i was really potential, but must learn Zend PHP Framework first and i know it would take 1 month, at least. I have not so much time.

I promised HER to see her until the end of Feb (2011:-), but honestly said, i wish not to wait any longer.

So, if there is any advice, any tip/hint how/where to get a job in Zagreb, i wait no minute and go there! I will spend my last money, actualy i am thinking to do that anyway, but i fell responsible for (our) future and i want to offer her more than my presence only.

I am ready to prove my abbilities, now talking about the job only, and am ready to "fight" well for doing my best. I got my motivation! And i feel really powerful after my "fail" yesterday. I proved i am fucking fast learner and i can keep up even after months of wasting my time and killing myself.

Wow, i promised to hold me back, ok... I will be grateful for any suggestion...

Cheers!
Pavel

PS: I am not able to speak Croatian, but i learned (after one month i have been communicating with the girl) the languages (czech & croatian) are pretty similar and i trust i can get "up" fast. I am good in English, Russian, a few words in It,Sp and Deutsch. Yeah, and more than 1O computer "langs" :)

BlanikKnight: one more sentence, before you start to be curious. She is living in Zagreb now :)

Hi BlanikKnight, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advice you.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Christine, thank you! Yes, i did this in a hope to find locals who know the "environment". I spent 2 hours yesterday "googling" but was not very succesful.
Thanks for the site and your welcoming.
Good day!

Hi Blanik,

If you are a capable programmer, I'd figure it would be very easy for you to get a job.

Here is just one of the many websites where people need projects and they are relying on IT pros to do the job. Each project has a payout. Website gets a cut of your profits. Much better than working for a Croatian salary.

project4hire.com/index.php?a=viewallcats

Google "Freelance IT".
Many Croatian companies need a refresh on their Website. Do some cheap websites ($400) with easy templates and standard code. Joomla can work for this. For $100 add a Webstore and charge admin fees. There are many ways on how to make money, but you need to have a good idea and motivation.

Now get out of your house and visit at least 10 web programming studios and offer your services. Bid on some Freelance jobs and think of more ideas on how to monetize your knowledge.