Resident non domiciled status - any info?

Good morning everyone,

I am considering relocation of my business (a consultancy practice) and family to Cyprus, from Italy. I have learned of the introduction of the resident non-dom status, which apparently exempts resident company holders of Cypriot companies from paying defense contribution on dividends.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to obtain this status. I have read the requirements set by the law and, I believe, I would fit in that category.

Very grateful from any information on this subject.

Have a good day!
Michele

you simply sign a form from your bank decalraing that you are expempt from it and then declare it in your tax returns to the authority... however be aware they may make you pay it then have to claim it back (which can take years)  such is the way with the Cyprus tax office - you must weigh it up as to whether its worth the hassles  - and take professional advice from someone like Elizabeth Welsh in Paphos

Hi Toon,

Thank you for your feedback. Very useful. The refund system resonates with the Italian experience then..  Do you have Elizabeth's contact details, does she have a webpage of LinkedIn account?

Please feel free to continue the conversation  at xxx

My best,
Michele

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct