Wanted newly published authors living in Crete

If you are an author that has already, or will be publishing a novel in 2017 whilst living in Crete, how would you like to get a free review published in a local monthly newspaper?
For more details reply to this thread to express your interest.
Please note this is not a scam and no charge is anticipated at any time.

Hobson Tarrant

Hello.

I'm an author, and although I don't live in Crete, I do live in the Peloponnese. I also have a new book coming out quite soon which is about the experience of moving to Greece and living here for thirteen years.

My previous three books have all been novels, and you can find more information on my website at https://rob-johnson.org.uk/.

Best wishes,

Rob Johnson

Hobson Tarrant wrote:

If you are an author that has already, or will be publishing a novel in 2017 whilst living in Crete, how would you like to get a free review published in a local monthly newspaper?
For more details reply to this thread to express your interest.
Please note this is not a scam and no charge is anticipated at any time.

Hobson Tarrant

Whats the name of this local monthly newspaper?  I ask so anyone potentially interested might check it out before deciding to contact you.

Thanks

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi Rob,

Well done on publishing your next work. As long as your work has a link to Greece I'm sure it will fit the bill. I have been asked to get reviews of new works for a monthly free paper. You will have just missed this months deadline ( April ) but if you want to send me your own review for May I will see if I can get it in. The following is the review of my latest novel which started the ball rolling, if you follow a similar format and add a front cover picture then I will come back accordingly.
Regards

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Book Review - Shorty's War.
Author : Hobson Tarrant.
Published: 16th January 2017.
Pages: 616.  Genres: Fictions/Action/Romance.
Available from: Amazon & Kindle.

Brief story outline...
Shorty Longthorn was a young village poacher in 1910, Shropshire, England.
Circumstances forced him to go into service for the local Lord at the ‘Big House' where he met a housemaid who became the love of his life, but also her wicked lover who took sadistic pleasure in making Shorty's life hell.
At the offset of the Great War, Shorty was rejected by the army due to his diminutive size, but was still plagued by the white feather brigades. Taking pity, the young Master from the Big House took him to war as his batman, but Shorty was destined to see active service in many wider forms. Badly injured he returned home to find the housemaid under different circumstances, they forged a close relationship until Shorty was unexpected shipped back to war.
The plot is a complex and interweaving flow of action and emotion, it ends with a surprise twist that will shock or delight all who read.

Reviewer's comments:
This novel at 616 pages may appear long, yet it is not a book of padding but has a fast moving content throughout. The story is divided into chapters that are each introduced by genuine newspaper headlines of the period which set the scene in an amazingly creative and innovative fashion.
The tale unfolds from the pre-war days of 1910 up to the war years of 1917.
It cleverly contrasts the horrors of war with Germany and its Axis forces, against a British homeland that was struggling to cope during a time of human slaughter, the like of which the world has never known before or since.
This is a uniquely rich and heart warming story, filled with perceptively sculptured characters from a background of wealth but also depicting the earthy grit and humour of the poor and lowly soldier.

This book comes highly recommended. * 5 Stars!