One more sad person leaving Denmark without job after trying for year

Hi Guys,

I tried my best here for jobs, along with joining language classes but no luck. I know its not only me there are many who came here with lot of dreams to this country thinking they may find job with Green card scheme as Denmark gov introduced for foreigners who got necessary work exp and degree, who can serve in this country make this country grow further. But foreigners who came here with spending lot of money with necessary degree and exp leaving there comfort zone, as for as I know 99.90 percent of them  going back without getting single penny from Denmark instead spending all there hard earn money here. More than money its kind of emotional movement :-(

Am not complaining or negative about Denmark, this is really nice country personally like a lot no doubt about that, but still I feel its not yet open up to foreign talents.

Sad; this kind of backs up what I always say about expats looking for work in another country.  I notice from other posts you've made, that you're looking at moving to Italy; have you had a more positive response from there?

I think one of the major steps people ignore to take while immigrating to a foreign country is searching for a job before moving there. Having traveled between Dubai and various European countries,  this is one thing I've heard most frequently that people came spending extraordinary amounts of money and they couldn't find jobs. Now that people have online access, it's really easy to either find a job online or at least figure out exactly if the kind of services you have to offer even needed in the country where you are migrating to.

Hopefully you'll have better luck in future.

Hello Mr. Xeeschan, specially i mentioned in my post Green card scheme, I have exp of 6 years electrical engg and I have master degree from European country, mine profession was in positive list because of that I got visa, If you just google you find 1000 of jobs in my field, I did apply for all those in last one year every possible way still I couldn't able to get interview call. Now when I say no single interview you may think may be problem with my CV, but I did evaluated my CV and even spend money to get rectify from local consultancy who can prepare according Denmark market. If you still think something am missing something made mistake you can welcome to comment.

Hello Cynic,

I did tried every possible way in that Phd position as well, as I got position couldn't able to get visa for Italy.

Hı Vijay

I do understand what you're stating and the fact that you went through the Green card scheme.

And you've said yourself that you applied for various jobs without getting any response.  My point is that it makes more sense to spend massive money on migration after finding a job.

I can sense your frustration since we both belong to the same South Asian region and I can imagine the kind of money you may have spent.

Hope you find better options in future.
Good luck

vijayvijay321 wrote:

Hello Mr. Xeeschan, specially i mentioned in my post Green card scheme, I have exp of 6 years electrical engg and I have master degree from European country, mine profession was in positive list because of that I got visa, If you just google you find 1000 of jobs in my field, I did apply for all those in last one year every possible way still I couldn't able to get interview call. Now when I say no single interview you may think may be problem with my CV, but I did evaluated my CV and even spend money to get rectify from local consultancy who can prepare according Denmark market. If you still think something am missing something made mistake you can welcome to comment.

Xeeschan wrote:

Hı Vijay

I do understand what you're stating and the fact that you went through the Green card scheme.

And you've stated yourself that you applied for various jobs without getting any response.  The point that I'm making is it makes more sense to spend massive money on migration after finding a job.

I can sense your frustration since we both belong to the same South Asian region and I can imagine the kind of money you may have spent.

Hope you find better options in future.
Good luck

vijayvijay321 wrote:

Thank you..:-) I wish you all the best.

You too. : )

I feel sorry for you as you have spent so much energy and money in coming to Denmark without finding a job, but as you say it yourself, you're not the only one.

Many people have - for good reasons, I think - been in the belief that a Green Card was the same as to find a job easily. It wasn't. It was only a residence permit which allowed foreigners to come and apply for a job.

I fully agree with Xeeschan when he advises everybody to search the job on the Internet before they choose to break up from their previous life. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush (or ten on the roof as we say in Denmark).

Your experience has already been hard-earned, so I wouldn't risk going to Italy without having found a job in advance. I think you should consider whether the very best for you for the being isn't to go back to India and find a job there - for a time or for ever as things fall out.

Best wishes for your future,
Nellie

How much the cost of the green Card visa? Ive Been to Denmark before.i would like to go to Denmark once more for finding a job for the 2nd time. Thanks

The Green Card scheme doesn't exist anymore.
https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ … scheme.htm

/Nellie

Considering the content of the thread. ..Amazing statement!

jenly82 wrote:

i would like to go to Denmark once more for finding a job for the 2nd time.

Hi, I too returned back to my home country in frustration. I am a Danish Greencard holder and stayed in the country for nearly 4 months. I am a Computer Systems Engineer and I applied to more than 500+ jobs and was very confident about getting job since I had work experiences from UK. I was learning danish language as well but you can't expect anyone be fluent in a foreign language within a short time, can you? I got very few calls from companies/recruiters and all of their first question would be " How good is your Danish language ? " and when I replied ' I'm still learning ' , they would say ' Ah okay, we'll get back to you later ' and hung up and they never rang back. I was very much frustrated and pissed off at my situation and decided to return back home.  Apparently, Danish Govt. and Danish Companies did not have a proper co-ordination between them and as a result most of the foreign skilled workers were left unemployed. Not hiring some skilled individual just because he/she doesn't speak your language in today's global market is absolutely ridiculous. 

Now as far as comment in this section is concerned, its always easy to suggest someone else that he/she  should have looked for job before moving to a foreign land . Actually many people do look for jobs before migrating and they do that after receiving the work-permit. You must move in within 6 months after receiving visa regardless of whether you've found job or not, or else your visa will be revoked. Therefore, you don't generally let go your greencard just because you haven't found a job immediately since you have already spent money for green card applications. Its a natural tendency that everyone wants to try his/her luck at least once in the visa issuing country itself. I hope it makes sense.

In my case, I applied to few danish jobs online from my home country after receiving Greencard. I got reply from one of the applications and asked me if I already had a  residence card . Note that you don't get Residence card and CPR number unless you move in to Denmark and have a permanent residence registered to local Kommune (Municipality). I replied back ' No' and I am not sure what happened, I didn't get any response back. However, I was motivated and confident instead as I thought there were chances of getting jobs once I receive my residence permit.  On the contrary, the case was completely different after flying to Denmark . I was finally forced to give up and now am planning to move to any english speaking country just like most skilled workers do which has always benefited both immigrants and the welcoming english speaking nations. I am sorry to say Denmark could not keep hold of most of the foreign skilled workers . Such a shame !!

I could not disagree more with this thread.  I know lots of foreigners (both greencard and non-greencard) that found professional employment in Denmark.   

Where I tend to see people having challenges are when:

a) They are not really fluent in English or Danish
b) They do not understand Danish business acumen

Denmark is facing a labour shortage in many professional fields, so I continue to promote it as a great place for foreigners to find work.  But, I think it was a very good decision to scrap the greencard scheme because there seemed to be quite a few people lacking a) and b) from above - if one 'really' has the skills and competencies needed by Danish business, they will hire you from abroad.