New to Dalian: Meet new people

Hi guys!

I moved to Dalian last week for my job and do not know many people yet. I'm from Germany, work in controlling ,live in DDA and have a lot of different interests. If there is a meet up as a group or if you would just like to grap a coffee or glas of wine please contact me!
I look forward to meet you! :)

Hi Valerie! Great to meet ya!

How long will u be staying in Dalian? Yes, we have a group of expats and locals who meet about once a month, but also it's a chance to get to know each person and go hangout!

What have you done out here so far? Any sightseeing yet? I bet since you've been out there just a week, you might be adjusting to jetlag still =)

Ron

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm going to stay for 3 years, so a l have a long time here ahead.
I think so far I have only seen the area around the hotel and the way to the company.  :|
When and where is the next meeting going to be?

Hi, when is the next meeting?

Hello Valerieje,

i live in the dda as well. I sent you my wechat if you want to get in contact.

Greetings

Christoph

Did you find a expat group?

Im only here for 2 weeks but interested to meet people..

Regards
Kevin

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : copy paste is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hello.my name is Mary Wang, I am chinese, i am live dalian of China, if you want to find friend to chat ,please add me ,my wechat number: ***,thank you

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Ron,

Just found your reply about a group of expats hanging out once a month. I am a Dutch guy living in DDA but looking for some things to do in weekends and outside of work. Found it is not so easy to find around here... all help is welcome:)

Regards,
Benjamin

I visit Dalian (Zhongshan District) 2X a year, Find a Chinese local co-worker for help. Baidu internet searches is difficult for forieners. You will tire of sightseeing so find a hobby instead! Local gyms are expensive, swimming pool monthly card is fairly cheap, and martial art classes are a bit expensive, unless you can find a local citizen to teach you (go to a public Square/Mall area during dusk/evenings). I wish there would be a directory/or events calendar for us! So ask you Chinese co worker. Back in the USA..good luck!

Hey all,

This Saturday, August 19th (2017), I am hosting a BBQ near Xinghai Square at a place called Golden Beach. We go from 4pm to 9:30pm. It is a great meet and greet with people from all over the world, expats, locals, and even visitors just stopping by. My wife and I are bringing the BBQ grill and charcoals, and you can either buy and bring your own food and drink, or there are also nearby restaurants where food and drink can be ordered as well.

To give you an idea of the atmosphere, there's some nice background music, people are BBQing, having drinks, and sitting or standing about chatting, getting to know each other, sharing stories etc. It's a more laid back event, the focus is on conversations or just sitting back and enjoying the view of the Dalian beachside.

If you're looking for some new friends around town, then this is a good event to join. Feel free to bring friends, family, roommates, coworkers, whoever you think might enjoy the time. Don't worry if you feel a little shy, this is the perfect kind of event for you because everyone is very easygoing, and everyone is here to get to know each other. If English is your first language, second or third language, then there are many others going to this event who are also like you.

If you are interested in joining, please message me directly and we can share WeChat info so I can give you location details and answer any questions you may have! It would be very nice to meet you =)