Moved here recently, feeling bored

Hi guys,

I moved to Dalian from Chicago almost three months ago, and I still don't know anybody!

I'm 24, Chinese-American, grew up in New Jersey, now working in the private equity investment business. If anybody here is feeling bored, and lives around the Zhongshan area (I'm at the Shangri-la), feel free to shoot me an e-mail. Would love to play tennis, badminton, drank drinks, see some new places, share ideas, etc.

BTW, I speak fluent Chinese and English.

Bob

Do you want to climb mountains? we(a group of people who like climbing mountains) are going to climb the mountain this Saturday金龙寺森林植物园.

Hi! Are you still in Dalian? We are from Moscow and Minsk, studying in Dalian University of Technology (can speak English and Chinese as well). So if you need some buddies just call us, phone number is 15941149205. Yulia and Radjana

Hi Bob!

This is Shelly, a Dalianese. Nice to meet you. I am an English major who wants to improve my oral English. If you still need friends, please do not hesitate to contact me. Now I am working in Zhongshan Disttict, near Qingniwaqiao.
:)

Hey... Totally know how you feel... There's me and two American guys living in Jinzhou at the moment and we don't know where to go or where's good to grab a drink! It can get really infuriating... although in fairness the climbing thing posted on here sounds pretty cool...

I dunno how far away you are from Jinzhou but I'm guessing Dalian Central is pretty much middle ground. Let us know if you wanna meet up... maybe go exploring!

Stace.

stacie2097 wrote:

Hey... Totally know how you feel... There's me and two American guys living in Jinzhou at the moment and we don't know where to go or where's good to grab a drink! It can get really infuriating... although in fairness the climbing thing posted on here sounds pretty cool...

I dunno how far away you are from Jinzhou but I'm guessing Dalian Central is pretty much middle ground. Let us know if you wanna meet up... maybe go exploring!

Stace.

HI,stace,how are you!
it is almost 30KM form dalian central to jinzhou,jinzhou is a nice please ,have a look at jinshitan,it is nice beach in dalian,esecially in winter.not so crowd,everything in peace.

Hey Stace,

Are you still in Dalian? i've been here for almost 2 months and no friends too! As you say it indeed is infuriating!!

Hey Guys,

I've been here 3 months and still don't know anyone.... Infuriating isn't the word :) its very difficult I find!

Hi guys, argh reading this I hope I make friends... I don't want to be in dalian for 3 months alone... I hope that the mountain climbing still goes on I would live to join in :)

HEY amy, i am also new here.
I am Taiwanese, was working in hK then studying in the UK.
Had been here for like...two months. Yet I had been too occupied with work and little time to explore Dalian and it's time for some change :)
If you fancy a catch up to start something new this sunday, feel free to let me know. My email is [email protected]

all the best,

lea

Hello I am Eric from France, I will arrive tomorrow in Dalian. I will stay 3 weeks before starting a 1 year experience in Dalian in September. It will be nice to meet you guys on Sunday or Saturday night (quite difficult actually since my plane will arrive around midnight :)

Welcome Eric!
You are really having no fear of jet lag to have proposed a meeting right after your arrival: )
If you wish, drop me a line, we can catch up this sunday for a coffee or so. btw, where in Dalian are you gonna stay?

In fact, it seems very rare to have French here in Dalian, i studied french and have been visiting france many times, would love to keep the touch with french culture: )

Enjoy your flight.

Lea

Hello Lea,

Don't worry for the jet lag, I was working in Guangdong province this week. I will stay downtown. My hotel is Air China Hotel. I have a Chinese number but my French phone is sim locked. Maybe we could meet in the lobby of my hotel or in some other place. Just tell me. Looking forward to see you.

Eric

hello guys, sorry i have had no internet in my appartment and just started working so super busy...
i am free every day after 1pm, which i when i finish work... did u guys meet up in the end?? would be great to meet u both
x

ps. hope your all enjoying the thunderstorms, i cant sleep :(

Hey Amy,
We indeed meet with Lea last sunday and it was a really nice day.
I am living in Kafaqu now (Gugeng hotel). And you, in which district are you living? Maybe we will find some time to meet this week. I am available around 7:00pm maybe sooner if I decide to start earlier. I think I will, since unlike in France the sun goes down pretty early here (7pm in China Vs 10:30pm in France maybe 11pm in Brittany).

Enjoy your day

Bye Bye

Hi Eric, I have an appartment in the Zhongshan district...  I asked my boss, said ur about 45 mins away by train...   Glad u guys had a good day :) yeah this week sounds good. I have Fridays off and Sundays, but free most evenings.
Had a great class today making a jungle with my kids, I'm woking in a private English American school. What are u doing with yourself in Dalian?
Speak soon

Hello friends, moved here recently from India, and like to meet people from different origins. I will be here for two years. I got free in the evening and also free in the weekends. As I am alone here and don't know Chinese and feel very bored. It will be great to meet you all.

thanks

warm regards

Dhanjai