Property prices in Davao

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Davao is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Davao?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

I just returned from an 8month trip to Davao City. I noticed Lots of new condos being built. Mega World and Ayala and DMCI developments. Price ranges if i remember are Studios for 1.5M to 3.0M,
1BR for 3.0M to 5.5M
2BR for 5.5M to 8.0M.

Land prices
Downtown area of Davao City, 20k - 50k / sq.m (Roxas near Ateneo Uni)
Decent - midrange subdivisions 6k - 20k / sq.m

I rented a condo in the Ecoland area (midrange).
Fully Furnished, very secure, clean, pool
Studio 10k to 15k
1BR 15k to 20k
2BR 20k to 25k

People seem to be very bullish on the property prices. But still many good deals out there. Negotiate as much as you can and minimize your scam risk. IMO, land prices seem very reasonable compared to condo prices.

There is no listing database where you can see and compare prices in the area that you are interested in. Also, the RE agent knows only the listings that she knows. So feel free to utilize multiple agents.

On my way back, stopped in Makati.
Condo prices of comparable quality may be 10 - 20% higher.
But land prices are crazy. BelAir, Urdaneta, Dasmarinas (forget Forbes) are going for 200k+ / sq. m
Dont know rental prices...
**fyi, cost of living in makati already comparable to any canadian city **

sidenote: Davao taxi drivers give you back change. if the ride is P82, they will give you P18 back or even P20. The Manila taxi driver wont even attempt to make change. I was very impressed with Davao People, from jeepney to taxi drivers, to city hall to food stall vendors.

I use taxis up to six times a day in Davao City seven days a week and I tip 90% of the time. Especially the taxis with good AC. The extra 15 or 20 pesos is only about 50 cents in real terms and an 80 peso ride is about $2.10 for two people from Ayala Abreeza to SM Lanang, so please tip the drivers if you can. They work real hard.