Property prices in Siem Reap

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Siem Reap is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Siem Reap?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

We are staying  in the Salakum Reuk Commune - about 1.5 kms from the city center. Ideally, when we come back to Cambodia (we leave Siem Reap for work in China - 2 years, then come back here to work) we would like to settle closer to central. Maybe  buy an apartment or penthouse for the family in the long term. Id be appreciative to see what pricing is.

Hi , I am looking to buying land in Siam reap must be not to far from city Centre , please contact me if you have any n my email . ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi yes , I am happy if we can meet up , please provide u contact number and we arrange to meet up on this coming Monday 4 pm

Hi everyone,

@ Motomochi wee,

Please browse through the ads in the Land for sale in Siem Reap section. I suggest you drop your own "looking for" ad so that you might get some offers.

All the best,
Bhavna

Moderated by Julien 5 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi thanks , will be nice if you could attach some picture for me

Please send me a message to XXX , I will send you pictures. It's easier than here
Thanks

@Lalo27, could you please post your ad in our housing section ?

we'll promote it in our next newsletter

thanks !

OK, thought that I did put it there...! Will check
Thanks

I've seen rooms on face book for usd 100 and usd 85 per month

This was posted 4 years ago, what good it is now no one knows but there is one thing that everyone should remember and that is wherever an expat is involved it will cost you more, most will befriend you to get in to your wallet, Siem Reap is full of cheap apartments and if you look carefully you will find something that suits you, on an english speaking web page or a page where foreigners are involved a 200 usd a month studio will cost you 600, a 2 bed house with 2 beds that is 300 will be a 1,000 minimum, now in 2020 there are young kids opening estate agencies advertising 200 usd apartments but they now want 2 months up front plus a months rent and then 400/500 'pledge', who would be responsible for this would be Americans who look to turn anything in to money and the first website I saw was back in about 2007 and they were not even in Cambodia but in america renting flats and villas for 1,500 usd plus, anyone that allows them selves to be taken in by this should buy a decent brain. Siem Reap has vastly changed in the last 15 years it is not the 'one horse town' it was because there is no horse but there are smart people looking for idiots and there is also more foreigners using even more bars and getting drunk and abusing locals, this is something that you should stay away from, if you are a traveller with your eyes open you could see what has happened to places like Benidorm, Vilamoura, Albufeira, Ibiza and a whole host of other once beautiful villages/towns that have now joined places like Blackpool UK that caters for drinkers...........if it continues to grow like these places then the government will step in and stop it simply because of Ankor Wat.

Wow...all that in just two sentences. I am impressed.  Anyway, from what I can gather there are reputable agencies in SR that assist with finding apartments at whatever rent is required,  and the norm is one month rent in advance and one month as security deposit.

Just punch in "apartments to rent siem reap" and apart from Airbnb that are way over priced you will see one telling that they have 1,000' then check out the prices and the add ons, it's a minimum 1,000 to move in, if I never saw it I would not waste my time or yours posting my 2 sentences.

I agree about the 'move in costs', but only in the sense that I was looking at a place for $550 and the agent told me it would be one month in advance plus one month deposit, so $1100, no other costs. Seems reasonable to me. BTW are you an Aussie? I just ask because your username is like my favourite Seekers song, Another You. "There's a new world somewhere they call the promised land, and I'll be there someday...etc etc"

No, this site wanted to play games so I just stuck anything in to satisfy it

I stayed in an inexpensive hotel for a month and just walked around looking for For Rent signs and enquiring. Next time, i eill try a couple agencies. Yes,  the prices get jacked up for westerners. One place wanted $400 pmo just for a dank room. Really vet any place you consider. Go there at might and see if there sre clubs or bars that play the bass turned up to 10. I had to leave a nice place because i did not see the beer garden right next door. In general, in town will be noisey. At least they have to stop the music at 11-1130. Next time i will try Battambang. The place i moved from was $325. The place i moved to on Route 6 is $380.

I am looking for 5 acres with either just land that I can build on or a house and land in siem reap.Thanks,Donna Webb

You will get tied into lots of things if you buy land tied with different people contracts IPS will give you all the info best to buy a first floor apartment freehold in your name.

Good Luck