Coming to get married in Vientiane next year. How to get job?

My name is Marius, I am from Romania but now living on Belgium.I want to come next year in Vientiane and submit the documents for marriage with my girlfriend.I tried to find a job, but it is difficult.                                         priority for me is job,but I do not know where to look.Thanks for any information

Wow, many hundreds of views and not a single reply.

What is your education background? Special skills? It's easy for native speakers (or very close to native) to get teaching jobs. These can be a stepping stone if you wish. They certainly help you get networking.

Check the Russian Embassy website here. http://www.russianembassy.biz/laos-vientiane.htm It may not be what you're looking for but it's another place to check.

I know a Russian restaurant called "Privet" that is popular and busy. They may need staff. I've been a few times and there have been new faces.

I mention Russian because you're Romanian. I mean no disrespect, it's merely a starting place if what you want is to get here and get a job.

If you're confident in your English language skills you could check language academies. There are many and they hire quite regularly.

Take into account that Laos is not the inexpensive hidden gem it was 10 or more years ago. So, coming here broke and needing a paycheck right away may not be a great move.

There's lots of cool people that will help you man. Come and hit the streets. You'll find something.

I'm Lao and I visit back home once a year.  It is hard for me as well, and I speak fluent Lao.  It is hard for all foreigner, I am too..

@omvogkot :

Just to inform you that this thread has been launched back in 2016.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers: