Getting married to a local oversea's

Hi all,
has anyone been married oversea's (in my case Australia) and got the marriage recognized in Laos also?  What is involved, can I do it via the Laos embassy in Australia?  I'm trying to avoid the usual scam of extortion & waiting, 6 to 9 months, before moving back to Laos "legally"..
Thanks in advance
Paul

Why not approach the Oz embassy in Vientiane and also the Lao embassy in Canberra for the information. 
I am sure they can assist you.

You could also look at getting married in Laos. In Vientiane there are legal firms who deal with this and can take around 2 to 3 months. 

If you are looking to settle in Laos, being married to a Lao citizen does not help in you staying long term.

Tried the Oz embassy in Laos they passed it on, to a solicitor, and i also sourced one other, they both came in between 6-8k and taking a minium of 6 months..  Do you know of any personally that can do it for that time/cost?
Thanks again for your feed back with all the posts, I'll buy you a drink when I get back :)

Just get married again in Lao.

As ancient pathos said look into get married in Oz. You can register the marriage at the Lao Embassy in Canberra then look at a ceremony in Laos.

This is possible, my husband and I got married in Australia. My husband had some problems when the SEA Games were held here and checks were done in the villages. We ended up having to get a lawyer to get the marriage certificate authorised here in Lao. It cost $1500 USD. The process took one week.

Thank you all, for your responses