Sports in Qatar

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Qatar?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Qatar?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Qatar is a country that promotes sports :) Especially football. Added to that there is camel racing, horse racing,  athletics, basketball, handball, volleyball, cricket and swimming which can be seen in various parts of Qatar. As you might be aware Qatar has won the bid for Fifa World Cup 2022. Even though there are some controversies, Qatar will conduct FIFA on 2022 :) . And Qatar Airways was always a sponser for FC Barcelona :)

Hi Precilla,

I like tennis but have not been able to play here in Doha for a lack of time and a partner.

Have a great day ,
Debsky*

Hello Debsky* :cheers:

Find other tennis partners by droping an advert here:

> Sport partners in Qatar

Kenjee
Expat.com

there are lots of sports

such as the Falcon hunting that happens in the desert,,

we have car rallies that happen in desert as well,

we have the desert dog races happening privately but we need to make it a sport

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Qatar?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Qatar?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Hi.. i think Qatar is interest for football but also for olympic sport.. don't forget there is here in Qatar day off  each year coz of sport day.but it is a little hard to do the sport you like easly here. For me my favorite sport is football as a goal keeper and i play in my country jetski but it is rare to find it here.

Hi Debsky

I share your love for tennis. I too have not been playing and my reasons are lack of 'cooler' time and lack of motivation. We might motivate each other.

We have two tennis court in our compound. Let me know if you would like to play sometime.

Evening is nice. Weekends are best but not a requirement.

Thanks
Nad

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Do not share contact infos on the forum. Click on the avatar of the member and choose ' Send Message' to privately send contact infos.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I would like to know for a small business setup in Qatar, would you please provide me a suffice information in this subject.