Your new local habits in Denmark

Hello everyone,

Living in Denmark is a great way to immerse in a new culture and lifestyle.

Have you embraced local customs since you've lived in Denmark? If so, which one(s)?

Did local customs change the way you see things, appreciate life or organize your daily routines? As far as the language is concerned, did you learn new expressions or words and do you use them?

What do you like most about the lifestyle in your host country? Are there any local specificities you are still struggling with?

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla

Thank you for your email. I have a lot of experiences about life style in Denmark. but I can't explain here. Just it's not easy to say few words about the life change and cultural dimension. Through my experience I think it's a big challenge to integrate to the Danish Community, unless you learn Danish language. on the other hand if you are qualified person you will face biggest challenges about the labor market.
Hopefully, I will write down some comment about the Danish culture and how the foreign expat can integrate to the Danish community as well as Danish labor market.
Furthermore, if we need to make a comprehensive research to display how it's very important the expat to integrate Danish society. We have to sell our resource. Therefore, we need to have make a collective idea to share our view and experiences

I am very glad to hear for you,

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need further information

Hello Priscilla ,I just got your email . Well I can only tell you good things about Denmark because people I have so far met are very welcoming and kind. Denmark has got a lot to offer and there's more to learn. On the other side, one biggest challenge I have faced is learning the language. To master the Danish language u must have people you can communicate with daily in dansk which is not that easy. I suggest if there could be any volunteer groups that can help with teaching the language to us foreigners. Another thing I can't forget to mention is the good transport network. When it comes to medical care, I have no words but to say it's beyond excellent. Integration in to the Danish culture is rather difficult because it needs time however if u learn the language things turn out smoothly.

Hi Priscilla 👍 Anders here. I was born in Canada but raised in Denmark. I am dual citizen and do know the language, bit rusty now though. Visited there once since I left back to canada at age 15. Would not take much for me to integrate back in though. And thinking of doing just that. Regards Anders