Lahore in May...

Hi....I'm a 30-something Irish national whose about to embark on a four-week tour of Kashmir and the Karakorum Highway...

I'm expecting to arrive in Lahore from the Wagah Crossing in mid-May......plan is to spend 2-3 days there, before heading to Rawalpindi, and up the KKH for a few days...

I don't know very much about Lahore. I'll most probably take it very easy during the hot afternoons....and then head out for my wanderings when the temperature has eased. I'll be relaxing really....not so much interested in moving far outside the old town (if there is an old town)...

One thing I do want to experience is the Sufi music at the tomb of Shah Jamal. Plus, maybe party Pakistan-style on the Friday night....

Any suggestions...?

not much of party around here unless you have group of your friends with you on the trip and continuing to stay with the group and finally reach home. here partying is letting out the inner tension that is bothering you in your mind and you cold choose to tell it what you feel like and feel better and then others would bring you a meal and a nice cold drink. this can have a better effect on your mental health and in few days you could go back to work and work freely.

if you are alone you could choose to visit touristic landmarks like badshahi mosque, wazir khan mosque in Delhi gate area, walled city, some museums.
Closed