Filipina married to a Saudi

Assalamo alaykom everyone!

Any filipina married to a saudi too?

:)

wa-Alaykum

Good luck.. I see you originally posted on the Saudi expat forum about divorcing a Saudi... as you live there. Wow, you seem to be what we say, "up the creek without a paddle"..

That is what may happen if you do not know the customs, laws, history, etc. of the country/people you wish to live among. Did you not research that before marrying a Saudi and living there? Did you not understand Wahabi based Sharia laws????    such as if you are raped there, it will be assumed it is your fault and you could face the death penalty. It is commonly known that Saudi has one of the worst human rights history in the world.. especially in how they treat women. Your husband has the right to kill you or your female children for belief that they brought shame or dishonor upon him or the family, or has violated the principles of a community or his religion. I think you have already found out that under Sharia law you have no custody rights to your children.

My filipina wife will readily admit I know more about her country, customs, history, laws and geography then her... and 100 or so of her friends and relatives I know.  You married a Saudi, face divorce and now you are asking questions.... Seems backwards to me.

Read this forum, there are gentlemen whom rattle off Philippine laws as good as a local lawyer... How, because they know knowledge is power and how that helps them avoid much of lives potential problems and mistakes.

When I piss onto a field, in the provinces, I spit in all directions as I mutter "Tabi, Tabi po", for protection and forgiveness and when i see garlic hanging above entrances to a home, I know what that means to the occupants of that home. I also know that my poor neighbor, or relative has nothing, but his pride , so I can NEVER ever do or say anything that could hurt that, especially in front of others... You must learn and accept other cultures and peoples, or don't marry or chose to live there.

You have so many choices in life, you can learn and enjoy yourself and others, or stay in the dark and stumble in shock and pain, because of unnecessary ignorance, over and over forever.

GDT wrote:

wa-Alaykum

Good luck.. I see you originally posted on the Saudi expat forum about divorcing a Saudi... as you live there. Wow, you seem to be what we say, "up the creek without a paddle"..

That is what may happen if you do not know the customs, laws, history, etc. of the country/people you wish to live among. Did you not research that before marrying a Saudi and living there? Did you not understand Wahabi based Sharia laws????    such as if you are raped there, it will be assumed it is your fault and you could face the death penalty. It is commonly known that Saudi has one of the worst human rights history in the world.. especially in how they treat women. Your husband has the right to kill you or your female children for belief that they brought shame or dishonor upon him or the family, or has violated the principles of a community or his religion. I think you have already found out that under Sharia law you have no custody rights to your children.

My filipina wife will readily admit I know more about her country, customs, history, laws and geography then her... and 100 or so of her friends and relatives I know.  You married a Saudi, face divorce and now you are asking questions.... Seems backwards to me.

Read this forum, there are gentlemen whom rattle off Philippine laws as good as a local lawyer... How, because they know knowledge is power and how that helps them avoid much of lives potential problems and mistakes.

When I piss onto a field, in the provinces, I spit in all directions as I mutter "Tabi, Tabi po", for protection and forgiveness and when i see garlic hanging above entrances to a home, I know what that means to the occupants of that home. I also know that my poor neighbor, or relative has nothing, but his pride , so I can NEVER ever do or say anything that could hurt that, especially in front of others... You must learn and accept other cultures and peoples, or don't marry or chose to live there.

You have so many choices in life, you can learn and enjoy yourself and others, or stay in the dark and stumble in shock and pain, because of unnecessary ignorance, over and over forever.

I think you mistook me to somebody else. I did comment on the lady who asked about divorcing her Saudi husband but I am not the poster of that. I am just simply asking is there is another Filipina around who is also married to a Saudi as I want to impart the permission process they have to undergo inorder to have it legally registered in KSA.

I am married to a Saudi and yes, I do know the laws, culture, etc. I am a Filipina who is from a Muslim family so I am very aware of the Sharia'h Law as Philippines do have Sharia'h Courts as well. Filipino/a muslims can opt to sharia'h rather than the Philippine civil courts.

You painted KSA in a very light which I dont think it is appropriate for you to do so. Are you living in KSA? Are you in any way connected to a Saudi family? I live in KSA and alhamdullilah so far I have never been treated badly. It all boils down to individual and not the fault of all. It is the same in any other country that not all are good and not all are bad. By the way, honor killing is also done here in Philippines. Muslim families here in Philippines and even non Muslims do engage in "rido". If you know our culture so well then you should know by now what that rido means here.

If your are implying that i am "ignorant" then I am sorry to disappoint you. As I said I am just here asking if any Filipinas here married to Saudi becauae I want to impart the permission process and for them to be aware and not be "shocked by their unnecessary ignorance, over and over forever".

Can i know what iz the rules in marrying a saudi man to filipina. Thanks a lot

Rheine1992 wrote:

Can i know what iz the rules in marrying a saudi man to filipina. Thanks a lot

A Saudi man must apply for the permission for him to marry non-Saudi woman. Without this, even if you get married anywhere else, it will not be legally recognized in KSA.

Okay.  But they have rules the man should be 40 years old. Is there any possible way?

Waalaikomussalam w.w.

Hello, I am a filipina from Lanao del Sur married to Saudia, we've been married since 2007 up to now. Alhamdulillah.

We have 3 children.
We love each other, for me, he is the best husband in this world.mashaa Allah.Alhamdulillah.

hamnaji wrote:

Waalaikomussalam w.w.

Hello, I am a filipina from Lanao del Sur married to Saudia, we've been married since 2007 up to now. Alhamdulillah.

We have 3 children.
We love each other, for me, he is the best husband in this world.mashaa Allah.Alhamdulillah.

MashaAllah, sister.

Same here. Im from Mindanao too.

:heart:

@zawja Yes ate i hope you have fb or whatsapp so that i cant contact you there and chechat because i have so many things i want ask about you im filipina im from lanao del sur i hope you still active.