Netflix/Streaming

Hello:
I noticed all the info I could find on the Internet and in this Forum is several years old, and I am sure the technology has changed.
Does anyone have up-to-date info on best company to use to get the US version in Costa Rica? I saw US TV NOW recommended..
Thanks.

Do you want to watch Netflix on a TV or on a computer screen?  Do you want to stream movies directly to your TV or stream to a PC connected to a TV screen using an HDMI cable?

Would like to watch on computer screen... That's how we do it now, just regular PC with very large PC monitor.....

Netflix has disabled the use of DNS spoofers, but https://borderlessinternet.com still works and is free until July.

Borderless internet is not allowing new signups for now.
I use PIA vpn and netflix blocks all their ip's. BUT I have found that I can still log in WITHOUT a proxy and use netflix, it just doesn't have the same movies as the US version. But in some cases it has stuff the US version doesn't have so it is still very good.
Also I was shocked that it even works here as we have only a 2mbps connection .

Does anyone know an alternative to borderlessinternet? Wish I'd have heard about this before. I started to try unlocator but it got complicated to set up and I didn't want to take a chance on screwing up my ISP wireless network as I just finally got it working again. Looking for something that doesn't require a lot of technical stuff and changing network settings because if it doesn't work then what if I can't get it back the way it was?

Anyone using FireTV here? Will I need a proxy for that? Any tips/ tricks for using that? I tried my ROKU and it didn't work, as it figured out I was in Costa Rica...

I guess I got in before they suspended new users.  It's kind of a test period now (which is why it's free), but it works great and the paid service will probably be live by July.   It doesn't work with Sling TV, however, which I hope they add soon.

I am looking into a couple other proxy/vpn services but will keep an eye on borderlessinternet. Sounds like a great thing. I found tunnelbear chrome plugin for netflix which seems to work but I haven't tried it yet for a movie. Will post back about it when I've given it a good trial.

OK thanks...

Yes my dar you ARE not in Kansas anymore :)quote,less crime affordable living etc etc.. Not getting shot on the Freeway in Los Angeles... I  .gave up on my marriage to live here  (well you have to sacrifice the smaller things :) (HE wanted it to be JUST like USA  being a  "high tech know it all" computer scientist LOL I TRIED to change the infrastructure for him :)

celferis....   Yes my dear you ARE not in Kansas anymore :)
Some of us who have lived here for over 25 years,  such as me just learn to go with the flow, and try to remember why we moved here from God Forbid Los Angeles ... Great climate, no humidity ( Where i am anyway,  ) Nice people ,less crime , affordable living, Not getting shot on the Freeway in Los Angeles... I gave up on my marriage to live here  (well you have to sacrifice the smaller things :) (HE wanted it to be JUST like USA  being a  "high tech know it all" computer scientist LOL
I TRIED to change the infrastructure for him ,  honestly I did .. :)
I have found lots more to do than stare at a TV screen but if I find the need I have so many choices with good old  "You Tube : Oh Lordy I am starting to feel so dumb already  DUH      but don't worry be happy lala

Pebs. Well aware of where I'm going. You have your Youtube; I would like to have my Netflix, until such time that my Spanish is proficient enough to watch local TV. I, too, do not anticipate spending hours in front of any screen, but I  would like some form of home entertainment.  Thanks to everyone who responded with technical suggestions. And if anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to share.

There was an article online, this week saying that MoviStar Play was offering Netflix as part of a new package in Costa Rica

OK thanks for that info.. We'll check it out...

Another article regarding the continuing slow speed of Netflix in Costa Rica.

Thanks. We also access Hulu via the Internet so we'll make do with that if Netflix continues to be a problem.

Interesting about netflix because we only get <2mbps internet and I have been astounded that we not only get Netflix but that we almost never have interruptions or freezes when watching tv series. Haven't tried a movie yet but with 1 hour series we've had little problems - that is connected to the Costa Rica site without proxy, not the U.S. site via proxy.

Anyone tried FireTV yet? I keep not getting around to it but hopefully it will work via proxy.

We have signed up to Netflix a year and a half ago and see many many US TV shows. We do not have a VPN.  2 MBPS and no problems whatsoever.