Moving to Israel with your family

Hello everybody,

When settling abroad with your spouse and children, the expatriation process requires an extensive preparation.

What are the considerations to take into account when moving to Israel with your family? What challenges have you faced? How did your children adapt to their new environment?

What is your recipe for a successful family expatriation in Israel?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

My experience here is a bit different since i was born to expats of non-Jewish origin in East Jerusalem. I've lived in Israel a total of 24 years as a permanent resident and moved to central Jerusalem after high school.

I think Israel is a really interesting country with lots of interesting and diverse people to meet. The friends i made here are lifelong and i have great memories along with that.

It is bittersweet, however. I've lived through both intifadas and struggled getting my feet on the ground financially due to the job opportunities.

The political, religious, ethnic tension and expensive living standards with hard-to-find decent jobs is a huge downside for me. I also have celiac disease which makes it difficult to live healthy.

I realize that this is an amplified problem in Jerusalem, and not being Jewish i feel pretty unwelcomed sometimes which is hard because i really love this country.

On the other hand, i think if it worked on the living standards and politics this place could be a paradise. Israel has huge potential.

I'm sincerely happy for Jewish people who move here and thrive otherwise. This is just my honest opinion.