Good place to buy bed

Anybody know a good place to buy a bed that is not "Vietnamese hard?" but also one that does not have jacked up Western prices?

We bought Dunlopillo beds from some place in District 2. My wife can't remember where (she can be infuriatingly vague for an academic), but google is your friend.

Alternatively you can get "wonder foam" mattresses, which are surprisingly good, from any number of small bed shops. Metro (An Phu district 2) was selling beds the other week when I suffered the monthly shopping torture.

We had our beds made from hardwood by a local wood working factory, but my wife dealt with them as, if I turned, up the price would have doubled.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the beds at Metro, not such good quality. I've seen some Dunlopillo bed looking around but didn't buy them since I was alone and didn't want the five finger discount for western expats, their five fingers on the scale! The trouble I have is that in the US and even when I was in the Philippines when I bought a bed they could tell me if it was firm, medium firm, medium etc. but here they seem to have either no knowledge of this or don't know how to articulate it. I was left with the inexact science of pushing down various beds with my fist to test them.

dollarjilt wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the beds at Metro, not such good quality. I've seen some Dunlopillo bed looking around but didn't buy them since I was alone and didn't want the five finger discount for western expats, their five fingers on the scale! The trouble I have is that in the US and even when I was in the Philippines when I bought a bed they could tell me if it was firm, medium firm, medium etc. but here they seem to have either no knowledge of this or don't know how to articulate it. I was left with the inexact science of pushing down various beds with my fist to test them.

Try: http://www.dunlopillo.vn/En/heritage.htm