Environmental protection in Nicaragua

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Nicaragua?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Nicaragua.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

We have 6400 kwh of solar panels helping us run the hotel during the day and help out with 12 6V deep cell batteries when power is down.
I've been fighting with the government's agencies MEMs #1 to fight Union Fenosa's refusal to give us "net metering" like most countries that are trying to go green.  They DONT want the competition and cuts into their profit.  TOOO   BAAAAD, I'm spending more on batteries instead of producing with more panels.
I also am importing panels and other solar equipment, can import easier now since I've been through the Custom's HELL here in Nicaragua.  If anyone wants to buy cheaper than you can get in Managua, let me know, I've got the import status now.  xxx
Located in Las Penitas-Leon on the Pacific Ocean

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing external links on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct