Shipping

I'm considering having my 4' square X 4'pallet shipped to Guayquil. Does it make sense to store it there for perhaps 2 to 3 months.?

Probably not, meaning Guayaquil storage probably wouldn't be a great idea if you have another option.

Can you answer these questions for yourself...

1.  Will I need to be there personally to move the 4 by 4 through customs and into storage?

2.  Do I have a way to get it to the storage facility?

3.  Do I know a reliable storage facility?

4.  Do i know the storage costs?

5.  Do I know the hidden costs?

6.  Do I want to be tied to Guayaquil -- Ecuador's hottest, most humid, most dangerous large city?

7.  What if Ecuador doesn't work out for me -- will I have wasted money on international shipping and storage ?

cccmedia

Hey C.C.
Why all these difficult Q's? I don't think I was able to answer one !
OK. Sooo ,that wasn't a viable alternative. I'll store the unit here and ship to Guayaquil (is there another choice ? ) near to the end of my 3 month house-sit. I'll try for the 9.1 Visa while house-sitting dependent upon laser surgery situation. Are you aware of 'Murphy's Law'.? Anyway, I'll try to not to plan tooo far ahead and just sort of 'roll with the punches'
No more Q.'s for now...
Lonecowboy Bill.

According to the Cargo Experts company, Manta and La Libertad (two coastal cities) are other locations where containers may be shipped.  Resource: www.cargo-experts.net, or google:  cargo-experts shipping to Ecuador ....

Expats are permitted to ship personal items -- one item per type of article -- without paying customs duties in the first six months after receiving a residency visa.

For more details, visit the Cargo Experts site.

cccmedia

Hello,

Sorry but is 6 months since your last entry to Ecuador to get your belongings tax free. 
in this six month period you have to get your Resident Visa and then bring your move.

Is better to store your belongings in the US than here in Ecuador.

Vinny