Schools/universities.

Helloooooo puerto rico :)
my names claudia... I am a very free spirited girl, i always dream of living in all parts of the world. As much as i would like to continue adventures and what not. I need to continue my education. Unfortunatly i do not want to continue it here in the united states...  I have thought about other countries where it could be inexpensive for me. I have thought about spain.. netherlands.. even germany... although all those countries are awesome . Puerto rico seems like pretty much the ideal place for me... spanish is no problem for me as well as my english is perfection.  I was hoping  someone could guide me . I have not gotten my undergrad so i would have to start from 0 .  Im just so confused on where to go with this. So if any one could help a chica out PLEASE much appreciated inbox me or let me know :) THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH :)

Yes. Many great colleges .They are taught in English and most schools bare $55 a creditv as a resident .Each school has different requirements and cost for out state

You have to decide what you want to get in education in and then look for schools that have those degrees and then decide what part of the island you want to live and look at colleges in those areas . I strongly suggestv staying away from San Juan area and highly recommend mayaguez university in mayaguez which is located on the west coast.  Rincon is 25 mins from the university and is packed with lots of friendly people . 90% of the people are English speaking or bilingual .  I am happy to provide more answers if you have more questions

The one question is how you plan to pay for college, very difficult to find a job, unless you have saved up or your parents it will be hard to pay the school. However, Schools are cheaper than in the states.

In case you want to consider the "Universidad de Puerto Rico" (UPR) - http://www.upr.edu
There are many branches, Some in the metro area (main campus) and in many towns. It all depends on what courses you want to take and where they are taught. So that may affect where in the island you want to live.

Good morning Sandra,

In regards to the colleges being taught in English, I don't believe so.  We had recently gone to an open house of the Inter in Arecibo and were told that the books may be in English (and I am not sure about that) but the classes are taught in Spanish. that is one reason why my grandson doesn't want to go to college here.  Now I may have some incorrect info but that is what understand.

I believe the best way to find out is to contact the different schools directly. Sorry I just had to put in my two cents.

Tonie

I'm not aware of any campus in any of the university systems of the island, except perhaps the medical campus of UPR, in which the primary language of instruction is English. Even at UPR-Rio Piedras, the most bilingual campus, most classes are taught in Spanish.

I don't know about arecibo .I lived there and no one really spoke English. So I believe you about the college's. But I know the east coast has many schools that are taught in English. When we go to that area the hotels we stay in are near the universities and we have spoken to many students every time we go to that area.  Also the mayaguez university is taught in English .I have spoken to many students that attend there

I never attended college in PR, but in HIgh School the only English class I had was English.
Where there are a lot of expats, there are likely to be classes at colleges for english only students. But I dont know.

Not sure why this is important since caneloo is bilingual, check her post.

Thank you all for your replies and help ! I am bilingual i was just curious on any programs or universities the island has... im sure things will work for the best for me :) so thank you all !!!