New: Gatherings and events in Ecuador

Hi,

Would you like to have a coffee, organize a dinner or find people for activities in Ecuador?

To help you meet people and find outings in Ecuador, we launched a Gatherings and Events section in Ecuador: you can now follow what's going on in your area and make the most of your time off.

You can also create events and organize a gathering with the Expat.com members.

How to create a gathering?

On the Events in Ecuador page, click on “Post an event”.
Fill in the form with the details related to the gathering: date, place, hour… and post your event.

It's now time to invite the other members! You can opt for a public event or a private one (Invitation or Invitation plus).

To send invites, click on “Invite friends” on your event page and select who you wish to invite.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/contact-invite/en.jpg

Get informed of who is coming through this page and get in touch with the other members or add pictures of the events in the comments.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/comment-photo/en.jpg

A photo album dedicated to the event will then be created.

What do you think of this new feature?

Thanks,

Julien

EXCELLENT IDEA!   
I'm in.
My Location: Tonsupa - Esmeraldas, available Mid- February

We would be interested in knowing what is going on with different parts of Ecuador, we are in Banos. I am not interested if this is another set up just to collect $.
Stanley

Just arrived from Banos - Loved it ! planning to go again. I,m in Mirador San Jose in between  Puerto Cayo and Manta, Very hot and beach.  :)

el blog es por ayurdar gratis ???

Please post in English in this Anglophone forum.

I am also in the Esmeraldas area, I am in Atacames. If there re others in Tonsupa/Atacames or Esmeraldas perhaps we can have a gathering?

Hi Julien:  thank you for writing. I am originally from Germany, but have lived most of my adult-life in Canada and a few years in the USA, before I came here to Ecuador to retire, without speaking a word of Spanish. Maybe not the best idea, but I muddled through somehow, the way I always seem to do.  Just recently, after living in Ambato for 6 mos., I met two other Canadians, thank goodness. My Spanish is still more Spanglish, but I get by alright, it seems. I would really like to meet more Ex-pats right here in Ambato. It is a very nice city and I like it here a lot. The Canadians I met, told me, that they go to Banos for an ex-pat meeting. I do not have a car and at my age, I doubt, that I want to even bother with one. My e-mail xxx. I am very interested in an Ex-pat group meeting here in  Ambato, if possible.  Kind regards, Sabina

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please kindly exchange contact details via the private messaging system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

This is Marco, I have been in Tonsupa for a week.... Im awaiting finalizing customs paper work to claim my container with my belongings, meanwhile, I{d like to meet other members in the area.  No internet, no Tv. no power in Tonsupa .... Relaxation to the max.    .... Cel. ***

Thank you
Marco

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
marcomueses wrote:

Hello,

This is Marco, I have been in Tonsupa for a week.... Im awaiting finalizing customs paper work to claim my container with my belongings, meanwhile, I'd like to meet other members in the area.  No internet, no Tv. no power in Tonsupa .... Relaxation to the max....
Marco

Dear Marco,

Nat's supposed to be around your zona in a couple of weeks (Report 7 of this thread).

Maybe PM him for lunch or a glass of vino.

If you post again, we'd be curious to know why an Expat is living in a place that has no Internet, no television and no power. 

If you call that living ! :cool:

cccmedia in Quito

No clue where Tonsupa is, sorry. I am in Ambato, hoping to meet some ex-pats. In 6 months, I have only met one couple from Canada, and they work 7 days a week with their bakery business. They go to Banos for Ex-pat meetings. For some reason, there is nothing going on here in Ambato [that they knew of], when it comes to foreign peeps. It is a lovely city in the mountains, about 300thousand inhabitants with suburbs. The weather is the best. Springtime year round. Close enough to Quito. Any other English/German or French speaking Ex-pats living in Ambato??? If so, please let me know. Kind regards, Amber

Hola, wish I would have known this before. I just came for a visit las week. I live at Mirador San JOse. ..But, will be back next year for sure !!! (or less ) :)

AmberFenton wrote:

No clue where Tonsupa is, sorry. I am in Ambato....

Tonsupa is a balneario -- a seaside resort town -- about 15 miles from Esmeraldas in northwestern Ecuador.

Being that our amigo who is looking for company is without electrical power, that could be because that area has been repeatedly flooded this month by El Niño.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you for the Info. I know, where Esmeraldas is, so that gives me an idea. Went to Banos recently, and liked it - for a visit. The Cascades were great. Ecuador is a beautiful country, it just needs to be cleaned up some, in many places.

Finally, I'm settled with all my stuff brought from abroad ( including the car) in Tonsupa, Esmeraldas. Claiming it at The Port was not that bad of an experience. It took two days and a lot of patience trying to integrate to their pace of work, but overall a great outcome.
All I need is to find people / friends / expats in the area.

Marco

Did you send a PM message to Nat (Report 7 of this thread)?

Are you still without Internet, TV and electricity?

cccmedia in Quito

We are German/American family, looking for some moms and paps with children (4+y.o.) in Cumbaya or Floresta area, or even in Quito.

Does anybody know by occasion whether a MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers) in Quito or in nearby valleys exist?  If not, I would be glad to initiate/help to co-organize it.

Diana