Buying computers

Hello:
Anyone have recent experience with buying computers, monitors, keyboards, televisions, other small electronics in the Guanacaste area?? Not so much concerned about the price, but how easy is it to buy these things? We are considering buying in CR rather than schlepping our stuff with us from New York.
thanks....

Walmart in Alajuela and Escazu

You will  have trouble find a computer with an English keyboard here. Best to purchase items in San José, if you are intent on buying here. I would suggest you purchase them in the USA for better pricing and selection, although your warranty if purchased there, will probably not be valid here.

All electronics are much more expensive.

I second what Kohlerias said.  Find a way to bring them.

You can bring one laptop per person on the plane without paying customs on it.  Last year my wife bought a Dell laptop from Office Depot in Escazu, CR - it had a Spanish keyboard and Spanish operating system and Windows system. We bought a English language module for Windows. 

Then my computer died and I bought a new Dell laptop at Best Buy while in the USA - I felt that I got more for my money, and there were fewer options on computers in CR (e.g., her PC does not have a backlit keyboard).  My hard drive died while under warranty, and I was able to transfer my Dell warranty from the USA to CR, and then I had my laptop serviced in San Jose, CR.

I recommend bringing at least the computer from the USA.

Thanks everyone with all the great advice. We will definitely find a way to bring our computer, at least the hard drive, and the laptop.