Medication da nang

just arrived to da nang. i am running very low on medication and need to find a dr and/or pharmacy. are there resources for this? i called SOS international and they will call me back in a few hours but i am wondering if there are certain pharmacies i could simply walk into or if i need to see a dr first. 

the medication is a controlled substance in many countries and so obtaining it may not be simply. any advice is appreciated. thank you.

Hi btk,

This link might probably help you in your search : http://www.citypassguide.com/en/destina … alsclinics

Wish you all the best,

Priscilla  :cheers:

pharmacies do often sell 'controlled' medicine without a prescription to foreigners. take the ones you have with you when asking or at least show them the ingredient. just try another shop if one rejects you. you won't get the exact brand, however both generic and imports are available depending on their supplier. if you are unsure of the medicine, you can always check on drugs.com to make sure the manufacturer is genuinely producing the product you are after.

I took my partner to SOS international (vung tau) once. they weren't of much help with the situation we were having. they told us to go back to HCM city, as the medicine we were looking for was not available in the area. "go to the backpacker's area" they said. haha. with much concern as we didn't want to travel all the way back to HCM, we thought it couldn't hurt asking at a local pharmacy. and what do you know, the first one we tried had them in stock.

Look for the signs that say Nhà Thuốc Tây.  It means Western Pharmacy.

If you are in Da Nang,I suggest you a hospital for foreigner. It's call "Family hospital " in Nguyen Van Linh street. The doctor is a foreigner, if you are ill or something like that, he can understand and give you a true medicines. You can ask a taxi driver,most of them know where it is