Hiring cleaning maid in Shenzhen

Hi all,
I am pretty new here in Shenzhen. I would like to hire a cleaning maid to clean my apartment, in Futian, for like once or twice a week. Is anyone using any maid service here? I have searched the web for details but not sure about it. Can anyone give me any directions or referrals? Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Marc Roy

Hi Marc,
   I have been in the lost situation like you when I first arrived in Shenzhen. A local friend recommended me a company called So-Clean. I have been using their service for like half year now and quite happy with it. You can try them out if you want. Contact name is Tony, 158-15577424.

Hello Marc Roy,

You could also post an advert under Shenzhen classifieds by selecting the Jobs category.

Regards,
Sheetul

Please let me know your outcome. I've been turned off by friends telling me they would go home and find the maid asleep or wearing thier clothes?!

Hi Mark.My name is Gala and I looking for a guy from England named Mark.We were in the same flight from Qatar.4 days ago I found his number on my luggage,but I think there is some mistake in tne number,I tried to call many times,but nothing.I know that hi lives in Shenzhen.I am in Shenzgen now.Are you Mark that I am looking for?

Hallo my name is jianning I from Indonesia,I'm looking for a job in Shenzhen.I can speak English and Chinese I've experience before working in Hongkong since two years and in Singapore since 2 years,and I've been working in China since 8 months I can do house work like cleaning the house and cooking

TJ 1971 wrote:

Please let me know your outcome. I've been turned off by friends telling me they would go home and find the maid asleep or wearing thier clothes?!

I've heard the same...

My friends told me stories of their maids inviting friends for dinner. One story I heard from a friend who's maid was having sex with her bf in his bed.

I don't have time to be home and babysit the maid so if anyone knows and trust worthy maids I sure would like to know who. I have a bunch of friends who are also looking.

Okay here's a friendly thought?  Why not stop being lazy and just do your own damn cleaning and cooking? Is it really that hard? And don't even start with something like "I'm busy... boohooo"   

Because that's all rubbish!  I am busy too, yet I have time to clean my own stuff. It takes maybe like 1 - 2 hrs a week at most.

Saves you money AND it's actually quite nice and relaxing.

Ryuk21_xpatkid wrote:

Okay here's a friendly thought?  Why not stop being lazy and just do your own damn cleaning and cooking? Is it really that hard? And don't even start with something like "I'm busy... boohooo"   

Because that's all rubbish!  I am busy too, yet I have time to clean my own stuff. It takes maybe like 1 - 2 hrs a week at most.

I work 7 days a week ( 2 jobs plus private work ). I maintain my apartment daily as required; usually in the evening after work.

I just need someone to come over and give it a good going over once a week.

But thanks for the friendly thought anyways...

Hi all,

Please note that this thread is quite old. Feel free to create a new topic on the Shenzhen forum for better views, this can help. :)

I suggest those looking for a maid or looking for a job as maid  to post an advert in the Housemaid jobs in Shenzhen section, this might be helpful. ;)

Thank you,

David.

BTW... I found a cleaning lady in the Nanshan district and also two companies... if anyone is interested.

Kris

PS... I know the thread is old...but using it brings it up to date.

any one need babysitter or housekeeper they can contact me !

cicici wrote:

any one need babysitter or housekeeper they can contact me !

What city are you in? I know many foreigners looking still.

Ryuk21_xpatkid wrote:

Haha,that's true.

Berry

berrylew wrote:
Ryuk21_xpatkid wrote:

Haha,that's true.

Berry

Another comedian...

Isn't midnight past your bedtime...

Kris

Kris N wrote:
berrylew wrote:
Ryuk21_xpatkid wrote:

Haha,that's true.

Berry

Another comedian...

Isn't midnight past your bedtime...

Kris

Saves your money AND it's actually quite nice and relaxing.K...

Berry

Hi cicici,

Please post your advert in the Personal and household services jobs in Shenzhen section, this might be helpful. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hi, are you available?

Maid in Chinese is "aiye". Pronounced " I - E". It means "auntie".

The maid that cleans our work offices charges 300 RMB/week.  She does everything for this amount.

When I lived in Shenzhen, my aiye ran 75 RMB a cleaning event.  Paid on site.  We called her when we needed her to cleanup.  She can even cook for you if you want.  Rates are negotiable.

The best thing to do is go to your building management office.  Ask them for a good AIYE. They have the names and phone numbers of ALL the aiye's that work in the building. If you can't speak Chinese, get a friend to help make the necessary arrangements. 

Beware, some aiye's will rip you off.  You will give them 100 RMB to buy groceries, and they will come back with groceries and give you 5 RMB change.  Yet the groceries only cost 20 RMB!  There are stories of aiyes stealing baby formula from their patrons and giving it to their own children, and substituting poor quality formula or even rice powder for their charges. Be careful.

ANy agency is probably fine, but remember that you will need to pay overhead and management charges with them.