What do you like the most in Lebanon?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Lebanon?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Lebanon and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Hi Christine,
Lebanon is a small country, but you can find all what you desire. Starting from nature, you have at least 300 sunny days per year. For those who likes the mountains and skiing, you can find it here. It is a coastal country, for sea lovers. If you love archeology, every 1 km you have a site, Lebanon is full of history and archaeological  sites. This country is multicultural, everybody can find a place that suits it's believes and its way of living. Working in Lebanon is quite difficult, because of too many competition that wants to take parts in a small market. The educational system is excellent for the private school. But there are a public ones and not all are in a good standard. The medical system is excellent too, and also private, you should subscribe a private insurance otherwise like everywhere lt will cost too much in case you enter a hospital. Banking services are one of the best. You can find all commodities you need. Lebanese are friendly, despite like every people you can still find some people that can seem rude. Transport in Lebanon is mainly a private car or taxi. Prices for taxi are so cheap comparing to Europe.  Also, Lebanese, till now drive like crazy, but ones you live in, you will get to use to it. Night life is full of restaurants, clubs, dancing, etc....  I ve been in Lebanon since 2 years and I like it so much. I will never return back to Europe. Life here is much better, even though most young Lebanese dream to leave the country and go to the USA or Europe, searching for a job. And also they go to Dubai for higher salary than Lebanon. I hope this summary helped you, if you need more Information, just drop me a word.

Hey Tonijo,
Yes we have everything in Lebanon including garbage everywhere. No electricity around 5 hours per day. Lebanon is not safe country especially at night.
I recommend you to visit Turkey.

I have been more than 20 times in Turkey, I don't think turkey is safer, recently 30 dead by explosion in Ankara, and hardly you can get a Turkish to smile, for garbage in Lebanon, I agree that it is a problem, since 5 month, and I agree that they have a political problem, for that matter people are manifesting, for electricity too it is a big problem, people have to pay twice, once for government and other for generator, but for the time being I don't agree that Turkey is safer.

I am right Tonijo. Also there is a big Shia militia called Hizoulllah and Amal. Lebanon is very very dangerous and very very expensive.

Outing, Eating,clubbing, enjoying the fabulous landscape and mother nature  :heart: