Norsk Opplæring

I'm starting a Norwegian language course organised by the Oslo Kommune Voksen Opplæringsenteret next Thursday evening at the Rosenhoff school. Is anybody else here going to be attending that course?

I am looking for school to learn Norweigian. Pls let me know how to contact you. Let's see if we will be classmates. :)

I actually got it wrong - I'm going to be there on Tuesday.

I contacted the Oslo Kommune and they arranged the course. I had to visit their service centre in Helsfyr to register.

You can find more about it here:

http://www.felles.oslovo.no/

If you're working you have to pay - it costs 3740kr for 8 weeks.

Thanks a lot. I think soon I will found out where to learn.

You can also check other schools websites:

alfaskolen.no  (2.990,-NOK for 5 weeks)
fuoslo.no  (4.600,- NOK for 8 weeks)
rosenhof.oslovo.no (3740kr for 8 weeks)

cheers :)
Klaudia

This i guess is a very good thing to do. I have been in Norway for six months now. Did not really feel any language problem but as i intend to stay here for two more years (minimum), i am planning to take the similar course. Some of my colleagues have already taken and they told me that it is very useful.

Asif

I am always looking for a language school near Skoyen where I am staying. Unfortunately I didn't find yet. Really cold to leave for shchool in wenter, hehe :)

Wish all you guys good luck and quick progress

Jasmine

Oh fantastic. At 250kr a lesson this will end up costing 50,000 kr by the time I'm done.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2010/10/27/ … e-doubled/

godsavetheking wrote:

Oh fantastic. At 250kr a lesson this will end up costing 50,000 kr by the time I'm done.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2010/10/27/ … e-doubled/

This is why I don't take classes.

Im interested to learn about that course but who pays and how much??   My Norsk is hopeless

Has anybody here ended up taking any of the Norwegian classes in Olso?  I'm wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations (for classes they might have taken) and advice on how fast the courses progress.

i am lucky enough to be in norway on a reuniting family visa which entitles me to free norwegian tuition, but i must say it is not the best. it is through the rosenhoff school, and the progression is quite slow.

i know someone that is taking it through the folkskolen, 4 days a week, and in 6 weeks they  have completed chapter 12. the på vei text is 17 chapters in all, afterwards one is asked to complete norsk prove 2, one of the standardized tests leading to the Bergen test.

although the progression has been slower, i do think it has allowed me to get a better grasp of the difficulties of the grammer, with more opportunities to practice in conversational settings in the classroom.  the folkskolen is quite a bit of work at home as well.  but as the ex-pat housewife, i have time on my hands, so slow suits me just fine.

oh...to only have a job.

How did you get the reunification visa? I was told that we had to be married to be eligible.

nope, not married. but we had been living together in the uk for over 2 years. i think they are trying to keep the mailorder brides to a minimum. as i said in the other forum, i think its because i myself am not from the EU. i know a french girl here under the family visa, lived with her boyfriend in london for 2.5 years, and then moved here..she is in the country, but she too has to pay for her norwegian lessons.  so i am not exactly sure what the perks of that visa is for her anyways...