English kindergarten school

Hello,

I am from chennai we r planning  to move oslo by March18....I am having a son who is 3 and a half yrs old....wanted to know on some English speaking kindergarten school....and when does the addmision start.could someone help me on the same....

thanks
anusha

Welcome to the Forum Anusha prakash :)

Frogner International Pre-School is located in Bydel Frogner, in the west-central district of Oslo. It is a parent-owned, non-profit organisation. The student and staff population represent many different nationalities. English is the working language of the school. We offer a stimulating environment where young children can develop their social skills and be involved in a wide range of pre-school activities.

The school has  48 students, divided into 3 classes according to age. Each class is headed by a qualified class teacher and a teaching assistant.

Additional teaching support is available in EAL (English as an additional language), Art, Drama, and Music.

The start of the school year is the middle of August and finishes towards the end of June. (The dates vary from year to year due to the calendar).

Children entering Nursery Class at the start of the school year in August, need to turn 3 years of age between August and December the year they start.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

thank you for replying....

hello

any reviews about the school....it would be helpful....

thanks.....

Hi Anusha,
Welcome to Norway. Here almost everywhere & everyone speaks english. All the teachers speaks good english. However, when they speak to kids in the schools, they may prefer to speak in norwegian. So your son will pick up much norwegian than english. There is no specific english kindergarten school to my knowledge. You can check in some international schools if they have any kindergarten facility.

Once you come here, you have to apply for kindergarten for your son. Typically, the deadline for application is 1st March and you may get your placement during August/September. It may take sometime to get your norwegian 11 digit, but you can still apply without 11 digit, at the nearby library (bibliotek) with the help of librarian. If you apply after 1st mar, it's unlikely you get a placement, but it's possible to get if available.

There may be some open kindergarten (apen barnahauge) which is normally open during 2 or 3 days of the week and is open for all. You don't need to apply for that. But you have to be with the kids in the kindergarten. It may help to get some friends.

Hope you got the answer.

Regards,
Raj

Hi Can you  please give me the fee details for kindergarten.My son will be 4 years in july.

Hi All,

I have recently moved from London to Oslo. My kids (5 and 7 year old) started Norwegian School and naturally their Norwegian is taking over their English.

I was wondering if there are any Courses, Clubs, activities, communities or forums with which I can help their English also grow ?

Kind Regards
Peer