Need Movies/Films

Hello Hollywood lovers,

Does anyone have good and latest movies that I can borrow? Such as Toy Story 3, Iron Man 2, Salt, Shrek 3, any other Thriller based movies worth a watch. I've got some that I'd be willing to lend as well.

TX!

Shrek 4 surely ?

@Mudman, Oops I got mixed up they make them a bit too fast. Yes that is Shrek 4.

When you can buy copies at 2 dinars each is it worth the hassle of borrowing them ?

Shrek 4 ? Don't waste your 2 LYD!
Watched it on a flight recently and asked for my money back :)

2 Dinars >>> Please advise from where exactly? I know it cost around 10-15 dinar in Bourg-Al-Fateh tower shop, and with these 2 dinars do you get DVD quality or something closer?

Mudman wrote:

Hey Mudman, where do they get 2 dinar movies from exactly? Could you advise....

FireFox wrote:

2 Dinars >>> Please advise from where exactly? I know it cost around 10-15 dinar in Bourg-Al-Fateh tower shop, and with these 2 dinars do you get DVD quality or something closer?

Dahra Souq for mine. Some are shoite copies, I tend to stay clear of newer releases for a few weeks or even a month, the majority are ok then. I think I've had 3 bad copies from around 25!!

One thing I do get though are multi dvd discs.

For instance, I recently bought Russell Crowe, Kate Winslet, Jet Li, Johnny Depp and John Travolta collections. 8 movies on each 9 gb disc!! That's 40 movies for 10 dinar!!

At 2 dinar a time,you can't go wrong. I couldn't even buy a blank disc for this back in the UK. :whistle:

There are DVD shops everywhere selling decent quality pirate copies.
Try the one ones by the Pizza house or Veranda on Gargaresh Road.
The multi discs are superb although the picture quality isn't so good if you have a large screen. Perfect for laptop viewing though.

FireFox wrote:
Mudman wrote:

Hey Mudman, where do they get 2 dinar movies from exactly? Could you advise....

Saraj, LHS after the roundabout, by the butchers.

We have had pretty good luck overall with the DVDs, but last week we got a dud.  Very poor quality picture and sound.  I think someone actually shot it in the cinema because you could hear laughing in the background.  For two dinars though, who cares if you get a dud once in awhile. :)

kes1978 wrote:
FireFox wrote:

At 2 dinar a time,you can't go wrong. I couldn't even buy a blank disc for this back in the UK. :whistle:

2 weeks ago I bought Salt with a DVD quality from the UK for 2 quid from a Chinese peddler.

We had pretty good luck with pirate copies from the video store on a side street of Gerash, down the block from the Schlumberger guest house.  The side street forms a corner with a gas station and its the gas station just 1/2 block down (towards downtown Tripoli) from the Maritime building (the big glass blue one with the clock and picture of a sail ship. 

The best part about this video store is the guy would replace dud copies with a new one. Also, he'd let us know if the movie was good quality (pirated from a master or an exixting legit copy) or poor quality (hand filmed in a theatre). 

Personally, I always got a laugh from the movies recorded in a movie theatre. Especially when you see the silouette of a viewer closer to the screen stand up and move along the seat row.  A hoot!  Reminded me of Mystery Science Theatre.

Good luck with my directions, it's been a while since I've given directions to someone in Libya.

the best way to get good quality movies is by using hard drive
just let the shop fill your hard drive with movies

i have 100 movie in high quality on my hard drive ,

much better than dvd

justice4pal wrote:

We had pretty good luck with pirate copies from the video store on a side street of Gerash, down the block from the Schlumberger guest house.   

The best part about this video store is the guy would replace dud copies with a new one. Also, he'd let us know if the movie was good quality (pirated from a master or an exixting legit copy) or poor quality (hand filmed in a theatre).

Agree. This was the same place where we'd get our moody movies at Lyd 5 a pop, and he'd change them if they were bad.

we paid 2LYD..... there was another place actually on Gargaresh that charged 5LYD.

justice4pal wrote:

we paid 2LYD..... there was another place actually on Gargaresh that charged 5LYD.

You're probably right, 5 was for the season 1-5 type stuff

mancunian wrote:
kes1978 wrote:
FireFox wrote:

2 weeks ago I bought Salt with a DVD quality from the UK for 2 quid from a Chinese peddler.

Oh yeah, They used call round the pubs every week flogging dvd's and music albums etc..., any 3 for a fiver.