6 month visa extension

hi guys/gals
im a 47 yr old british guy who recently married a Filipina in Bohol Philippines in may 2015 i am currently back in the uk and wish to return to Bohol in early july 2015 for a period of 6 months to be with my wife and our 6 month old daughter [born in Philippines] to save the hassle of applying for a 6 month visa ive been told that i can arrive with my passport and have it stamped for 30 days[like ive always done before] and then go to the  BI office in tagbilaran and have it extended there for 6 months
is this information correct? also im traveling with a friend who is also British and is not married to a Filipino she just wants to spend 6 months in the philippines as a tourist is she able to apply for an extension like me simply by walking into the BI office and getting it done there and then?
if anyone can advise me if we can do this i would be most grateful as im led to believe that we can go straight for a 6 month extension instead of the 59 day extension like it was/is
many thanks
roger

From what I have read, you need to get the first 29 day extension first, and then the 6 month extension.

The BoI office do state that you must do the 6 month one upon the expiry of a regular visa extension, which does look like the first 29 day extension, as the first 30 days is Visa free for most of us.

thanks ABC ..do i ask for the 29 day extension at the airport of at the BI office? as ive heard the immigration chaps at the airport can be a bit off putting dependant on their mood and how busy the airport is

I've never done the airport option, and that depends on which terminal you come in anyway.

But.. where will you be in the first 25 days or so, which BoI office will be close to you ?

If it is an easy one to go to, then I would avoid the airport options.  However, if you have time to kill at the airport, it may be an interesting experience...

or ye could get a 59 day visa in uk before ye go which is supposed to be cheaper than just doing a 29 day extension -depending where the nearest embassy is to you.

Hey Rog, From my experience ,immigration stamps your passport for 29 or 30 days upon entry into the country here.When i go to the Cagayan de oro immigration for the first  2 month extension, they also charge me 50.00 dollars for the alien certificate registration card which is good for 1 year. I paid a total of like 8,000 pesos.I just renewed for another 2 month extension and this time they charged me 2,800 pesos. Immigration here  told me i can only get a 6 month extension at the Manila immigration office, but another member here said he can get a 6 month extension in Cebu.Maybe you should visit the Manila immigration office if you land in Manila.  Remember before your allowed to exit the country,  you need to get an exit clearance if you stay here for more than 6 months. Get it a few days before you leave the country. If i recall you need like 4- 2x2 photos and a copy of your flight ticket out of the country, and of course pay the fees on top of the head tax to pass to the boarding area. Your friend can follow the same procedure that you do. Its better to get a 6 month stamp in your passport if you can. Every time they stamp my passport  for 2 month extension and write all the fees along side, they use a lot of space up in my passport pages and one has to go through a hassle to get additional pages for the passport.I also learned from experience here to make sure your passport has at least 6 months left before expiration or immigration will not extend your visa and the airline will not let you fly. Congratulations on your marriage, and the birth of your daughter.

I have read that you can get the 6 month visa extension at: Manila, Davao City and Cebu. 

I know that Manila (Intramuros) does them, being the main office, and I've seen people getting them there.. 

I also know that Cebu does them, as I got one there a couple of months ago.  This poster was on the wall at Cebu: http://www.in-philippines.com/wp-conten … 17x640.jpg showing current (April 2015) cost of the 6 month visa.

I assume that Davao will also do them being a main office also.

Regarding The ECC (Exit Clearance Certificate or Emigration Clearance Certificate).  I actually needed 6 photos, not the the 4 or 5 that is mentioned on websites.  Best to take the extra, just in case you get sent away to get them done again.
The weird thing is though, they say the photos must be without glasses on.  In mine I was wearing my glasses !!!  But no questions, no refusals.
My ECC cost 500 pesos.

Oh yes... The ECC for leaving (after 6 months) is NOT the same as the ECC that we pay for with the Visa Extension !!

thanks scott for your reply we are going to arrive at cebu mactan airport which is what i usually do anyway i also have heard that cebu issues EEC cards and various other documents relating to visas etc as im going to be staying in bohol [my wife is from bohol] i can get the visa extension from tagbilaran city ive printed off the application forms that myself and friend need so hopefully all will be well !

yes i wear glasses myself ABC and my passport photo has me without them on! which is daft because i wear them all the time as im shortsighted i will get some passport pics done with both them on and off just in case! lol

Hello m8, I arrived early last year done the 30 days then 2 months ext. Next time i went was in dumagute they told me I could only get the 6 month in Manila. I went to intamuros asked for 6 months my partner was standing next to me , they asked her if that was ok I waited about 3 hrs no problems.Dont know if they have changed the number of places where you can get the 6 months but then it was only in Manila. Cost was 10,000 peso including the alien card, hope this helps.  All the best Les

Hello Les, I am curious why they asked your partner if it was ok to give you a 6 month extension. Immigration does not  seem to have a uniform law here. Seems like different offices tell you different laws. I am curious if anyone on this site was told like i was told at the Cagayan de Oro immigration office that expats can now stay up top 3 years before we have to leave the country and start the visa process again. Before we had to leave after 1 year stay here.

On the Visa renewal applications they used to have section for your Philippine contact / partner / whatever to sign.  I recall getting my girlfriend to do that in 2012, but after the first couple of times, I never got that bit filled in, and no questions were asked, even when I was with my g/friend.  But I can understand the logic, based on the older way it was done.

And yes, we can now stay 3 years, before needing to leave.  That was changed recently: http://www.in-philippines.com/tourist-v … ilippines/
Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months.

rangers1872 wrote:

Hello m8, I arrived early last year done the 30 days then 2 months ext. Next time i went was in dumagute they told me I could only get the 6 month in Manila. I went to intamuros asked for 6 months my partner was standing next to me , they asked her if that was ok I waited about 3 hrs no problems.Dont know if they have changed the number of places where you can get the 6 months but then it was only in Manila. Cost was 10,000 peso including the alien card, hope this helps.  All the best Les

They do the 6 month Visa in Manila, Cebu and Davoa.

Mine took about 30 minutes in Cebu.

Prices vary for some weird reason.  Cebu quote 11,500 for the 6 mongth with ACR card.

There are THREE express lane fees included in that total: (1500p, 1000p, 500p).  Maybe they didn't charge you one of them, as you waited 3 hours  ;)

Hi, don't know why they asked my partner maybe reassurance that she was happy with it. As for the 3 years that is also what I was told.To be honest I have never really had any problems at immigration.

Good to know that you can get the 6 month ext in Cebu and Davao !

Hello ABC, Interesting facts, thanks. I am a little confused. If i do the 2 month visa  extension am i considered a visa required national and can stay for 24 months correct? Not the 36 month the non-visa required national. I dont understand what a  non visa national is.

scott1953 wrote:

Hello ABC, Interesting facts, thanks. I am a little confused. If i do the 2 month visa  extension am i considered a visa required national and can stay for 24 months correct? Not the 36 month the non-visa required national. I dont understand what a  non visa national is.

Most nationalities are NON Visa required, for first 30 days, (or 59 days for Brazil and Israel.)
Listed at: who-can-enter-the-philippines-without-a-visa/

Some other countries are Visa Required before entry.

If you are on the NON Visa required list then you can stay 36 months, with relevant visa extensions.

Such as being British for example 😊

Ah, ok, thanks ABC, i understand now. Great web site you provided, thanks.

i heard that after marriage, you can have one year visa. isn't true? just need marriage certificate in embussy. someone have information about this

giovannigio wrote:

i heard that after marriage, you can have one year visa. isn't true? just need marriage certificate in embussy. someone have information about this

If you arrive in the Philippines, with your Filipinos spouse and Marriage Certificate, they give you a 1 year balikbayan entry stamp. Free
http://www.in-philippines.com/the-balik … year-visa/

Other than that you can apply for a full Immigrant Visa by marriage.  Cost 8,620 pesos.
http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php … y-marriage

thanks for information

Hi gud evening I'm Rubylyn I need some help my bf and I have plan to get married in Philippines he is a Scott's from golspie Scotland, can u tell what u do to across in the Philippines but no plan to stay in da Philippines just now coz I'm still working here in Dubai and I need to come back here to finish my contract our plan we go Philippines in March to get married I need ur help,I hope u help me in this matter,tnx and god bless ur family

go to the philippine embassy website and look under "VISAS".  there you will find all the information that you need.

here is the web address for the Philippine Embassy in Dubai.

www.dubaipcg.dfa.gov.ph

I started my ball rolling here on "Expat.com" and now am living in Quezon City with my fiance and expecting our child in February.

Good Luck

Marjbianca wrote:

Hi gud evening I'm Rubylyn I need some help my bf and I have plan to get married in Philippines he is a Scott's from golspie Scotland, can u tell what u do to across in the Philippines but no plan to stay in da Philippines just now coz I'm still working here in Dubai and I need to come back here to finish my contract our plan we go Philippines in March to get married I need ur help,I hope u help me in this matter,tnx and god bless ur family

not really the right forum-best to post your own topic ,anyway first is to decide what place the marriage will be ,then to ask to the local priest /register what the requirements are  ,there are many websites  where you can find this info and your boyfriend should be the one finding out what his requirements are  .

Marjbianca wrote:

As a British citizen he can enter the Philippines without a visa.  How long will he be staying in the Philippines for the wedding?

He will need his various identity documents for the marriage registration, Birth Certificate, any divorce documents or proof of being not married.  The Philippine Government requires all foreigners to provide a “Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” from his/her embassy before filing for a marriage license.
This is normally called:
Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) or Certificate of Legal Capacity, and is obtained at interview from the Foreigners Embassy.

You will need your CENOMAR from https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx, together with your Birth certificate

http://www.in-philippines.com/requireme … ilippines/

Just only for 2 months,wht requirements needed when he want to get a certificate of legal capacity, Where he can get that in his country or he get dat in the Phil. In there embassy,what he need to do? Tnx

He can arrive without a Visa, and stay for 30 days.  During that time he needs to apply for an Extension Visa which will be given for 29 days, at a cost of 3,030 pesos (as at April 2015)

If staying longer than 59 days, then another extension is needed (1 or 2 months is common) and an Alien Certificate of Registration [ACR-I Card] is needed, at a combined cost of just under 8,000 pesos.

Thank u so much,where we go if we want to extend his visa for 1 month? How he can get a certificate of legal capacity,have any requirements, and he can do?

Marjbianca wrote:

Thank u so much,where we go if we want to extend his visa for 1 month extension

That depends on where you will be staying,  There are  Bureau of Immigration offices all over the country.

There have been odd times that a person arriving at terminal 1 can get it done on arrival at the aiirport, but most say it can't, or it is too difficult for the airport staff to do it.

Thx a lot,where he can get the certificate of capacity to get married in Philippines in British embassy or in there country b4 he travel in the phil

Marjbianca wrote:

Thx a lot,where he can get the certificate of capacity to get married in Philippines in British embassy or in there country b4 he travel in the phil

Tell him to check this and follow the instructions:
https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad

It should be easy to get.  Otherwise, in the British Embassy in Manila, but maybe more difficult.

My understanding is that the only place you can get a 6 month extension is Manila.

redchinook wrote:

My understanding is that the only place you can get a 6 month extension is Manila.

I got mine in Cebu.