How much money to send to GF and baby per month in Vietnam

How much money to send per month to GF and baby living in Nha Trang? I figured about $700 or 14 mil dong/month to covered baby formula, clothing, foods, ect for both. Already paid a year rent upfront no worry about that. What say you? about right?

Stay on topic please. Thanks.

TonyMapleLeaf wrote:

How much money to send per month to GF and baby living in Nha Trang? I figured about $700 or 14 mil dong/month to covered baby formula, clothing, foods, ect for both. Already paid a year rent upfront no worry about that. What say you? about right?

For that much she will have her entire family living with her. Many VN families live on less than 3 -4 mil a month.

TonyMapleLeaf wrote:

Tony that is more than enough, but if you are a generous kind of guy go ahead.   To put things in some perspective, my g/f  who is a department head and hotel supervisor in a 3* hotel earns 8mil per month and is considered to be doing well, considering that the girls who service the rooms get 3mil.   Don,t forget the cheap cost of living over here.Someone who pays no rent and has 14mil a month is leading a very good life indeed. I,d say 6mil is plenty, but it,s your call.

TonyMapleLeaf wrote:

That's depends on your GF's life style and the way using money also :). You can discuss with your GF, I think $700 is quite ok :)

cabraman wrote:
TonyMapleLeaf wrote:

Tony that is more than enough, but if you are a generous kind of guy go ahead.   To put things in some perspective, my g/f  who is a department head and hotel supervisor in a 3* hotel earns 8mil per month and is considered to be doing well, considering that the girls who service the rooms get 3mil.   Don,t forget the cheap cost of living over here.Someone who pays no rent and has 14mil a month is leading a very good life indeed. I,d say 6mil is plenty, but it,s your call.

I am talking about a GF AND a BABY. A baby would required formula, diapers, clothing, ect.  Although, I don't know how much it cost per month to raise a baby in Vietnam. I guess this question would be more towards a woman who have a  child.

It depends on type of formula, diaper, clothing,... you want to give to your baby.
Just think about what you want for your baby. Do you want him/her to use cheap Vietnamese diaper, clothing, food, etc. & toys from China, formula produced in Vietnam, cheap stroller,... or else?

$700? Even less than that? 3 to 4mio for a family? I don't blame who said so because it's not from a mother who is raising her own baby.

This is the story from my side:
I'm a single mom of a 1yo son. I don't take money or any kind of support, don't keep in touch with his father.
I give my son Aptamil from England which costs from 550.000 to 580.000 for one box using for approximately 1 week (depends on import situation), Goon diaper from Japan to prevent from skin rash (most 500.000 & least 430.000 for 56 pieces), food imported from America, Europe & Japan, medicine & health care stuffs imported (they always want our children to have antibiotics for any types of sick, Godness). When it comes to fresh food, I order organic food & now start to plant them myself because I don't want him to use toxic food they sell everywhere here (if you want to know more about this, I'm glad to talk with you in messages). I even have to move to country side so that my son can have better food at better price. I don't hire nany and I take care of him all by my own 24/7. I stayed at home and only go out when I have to go for jobs or to buy things for him. I feed him up, bring him to bed and when he sleeps, I ask  my mom to keep her eyes on him then I go out. Normally I can go out within 2 hours, max 3 hours. Hence I have to quit some jobs and spend my save. Then in order to save the cost, I spend most of my night time to search for stuffs people sell off after used or when they don't need them anymore while he sleeps. I don't spend much on cloths because babies growing fast, it's a waste of money to buy all new cloths, so I asked from my good friends whom I trust, only buy when really needed. Money must save for bigger things like when he has to go to good school.

Thanks God he's 1 now and I will get back to work soon! My son and I couldn't live a good life until now if we don't have help from my family & from many of my friends who always send their stuffs long way from their countries or save their things for my son. And please note that I don't buy anything for me since I got pregnant, except for food & necessary goods like shampoo, gasoline,... And I'm earning good money here, not waiting for money from anyone.

It's all about health, intelligence,... We have to raise our kids ourselves, no support from government or any organization. And please trust me, even though I'm happy with my choice and deeply love my son, it's very stressful when a mother has to go through nights & days long with a baby, especially when her beloved child gets sick. I'm a strong, positive & active people, but I tried to kill myself twice because I have to be a father, mother, daughter, sister & project manager at the same time when my son gets sick & my projects cancelled at the same time causing me a lot of trouble.

I think you can discuss with your gf about how you two want to raise him. And if you trust her, you can give her a little bit more so that she can go for out for a cup of coffee or spa, alone, just to buy some specious minutes to hide her away from daily life. Think about how you are living your life while she's there with your child,

There are 2 types of woman (people as well): who has self esteem and who has none. If I were your child's mom, I won't take any money from you if I know you ask strangers about this without discussing openly with me, with due all respect.

Asking your girlfriend what she needs isn't an option?

$700 on top of rent is PLENTY for the average Viet to live on with a child.  What did she live on before you came into the picture? 

FWIW, the expectations that you set now will only increase as your relationship continues.

I have to agree with everyone here - 700usd is plenty if you don't pay for rent.

But if I'm correct the 700usd will become 1000usd and up after a couple months.

Hey dude, how do you even know the baby is yours? Second, she likely is spending time with another foreigner while you are gone. Third, the average Vietnamese only make 3 to 3.5 million per month in Vietnam working 6 days. Fourth, have you filed for marriage papers?

If she has not performed the marriage ceremony with you and filed papers for marriage with govt. I would not pay any money. Do you plan to marry?

As a Risk Manager I can tell you if you start to pay and she can show proof of that you may be hooked for the rest of your life. If so do not ever plan another trip into Vietnam or you may find yourself in jail.....their prison.

Good luck.

I agree with you. Well, almost guys here in this topic are male, they never take care their kids enough to realize that raising a baby is very diffucult. Well, what if your wives give you - these gentle men 3 millions per month to stay at home only and raise your kids? 3millions vnd is even not enough for you guys have a good night at bars so why you guys ask us to accept it? You guys think we are vietnamese and of course we have a low level compare to yours so that s certainly?

Guys

Yes I agree with you that US$700 on top of house rental is a fairly big amount but it is for a person only. We are talking about a woman and a baby. And without much information, please don't automatically make assumptions about the Viet woman. Yes I agree there are horrible Viet women out there trying to set up expats by kids just for money, but bad people exist everywhere not just here in Vietnam.

I don't have a kid yet to confirm whether 700$ is sufficient or not, my friends with lower earning still can raise the kids well. In fact it would pretty much depend on whether you want your kid to have imported with high quality products or locally produced products, more about lifestyles.

Fairly, you would better talk to the woman about her needs and the kid's needs and estimated costs. There are apps for mobile phone about cost control that I always use to key in the details of every single spending, a report can be exported out to review. Hence if still in doubt, please ask your woman to use it and you can see the ratio of her spending.

Last but not least guys, money is always a sensitive issue especially in Vietnam and in a relationship of an expat and a local. You always think about Viet girls as all gold diggers, yes I agree that there are not few people like that out there but you also need to understand that Viet girls are raised up and treated by Viet guys differently, most of the time Viet guys pay and sponsor Viet girls pre and in-relationship, it shows his caring and his love, even if Viet girls don't like that way, Viet guys still prefer to show up their power, their love, their pride via their generousity.  That's the commonly and widely accepted way here, normally only well educated, pretty self-motivated, self-proud, fairly independent Viet girls are fine with the way you guys foreigners prefer, i.e. financially equal between man and woman. Again, if you are serious in a relationship with a Viet woman, please understand this culture gap in term of money issue and directly talk to her rather than making assumptions on anything.

Warm regards
Nguyet (Moon)

Having to ask here says a lot. Are you planning on coming here to live or bringing her to your home country? If your plan is to visit when you can and send money to support her, you're in for a long ride.

Hi Tony,

Nice to have a child?

Seems you are afraid of being taken advantages. I don't think $700/month is a big amount. I would like to tell you that is enough sum of money for your baby and his mother. I read all of comments above and I like Scarlet's comment as she is a woman and she is the single mom (I saw her facebook also).

Does your child's mother go to work?

You are worrying if she could have some extra money per month? Is it good or bad? You have to answer yourself those questions and  put yourself into a position of a mother

If I were you, I had 2 options:

1. never let the child be born

2. but if I let the child be born, I will do the best for him.

Regards,

Hi Tony. 
Was that 6 seconds of dizziness worth it.?

Looks like she's won the Ovarian Lottery.   That baby is the gift that keeps on giving.
Yep, there's guys here in Nha Trang that fly back here every year on the guilt trip to see where their money is being spent.   I personally know several and NONE of them have a satisfactory relationship with the mother.  It's a very sad situation for all concerned.

Are you planning on coming here to live??   

If you've already mention $700, it's going to be hard dropping to something less.

I've seen guys sucked dry.  They end up paying for "mystery" illnesses , International schools, a house , family debts, some have even said the kid got kidnapped for ransom.  Your in for the long haul buddy.

As Bluenz said, a family here can live on 3 to 4 mill a month.     The national median wage here is 2.7 mil a month. I'm in Nha Trang and it's one of the cheapest places to live.

6 mill a month is realistic and reasonable. It's double the average wage. If she doesn't think it's enough, what would the average VN guy provide.

I've dated girls here with kids. They ALL said the father both foreign and Vietnamese NEVER pay anything.  And guess what, I nearly agreed to paying for this child's private school education. I also bought toys ,books and clothing.   No big deal.     BUT.....here's the punchline.

Some of those girls were STILL married and seeing the husband,.. Ha ha ha .   Good thing I got out when I did.

Good luck Tony.

After writing a long reply, I just noticed that you didn't ask for my personal opinion on the situation.  :)

With that in mind, listen to Scarletvn. She's honest and knows what she is talking about. Nobody here is going to give you a better answer to your question than her.

Now, if you ask advice about long distance relationships, then, I'll paste my original post.  :)

my experience... its never enough.. they always more .. more..just set a limit. before they will consume you, this give them excuse also to fornicate with other men, becuse you not giving enough. , they always comapre you with some frined they know that give more than you.  before i send my GF 750 usd per month just for her. when she want more, I cut everything..

Adhome01 wrote:

Having to ask here says a lot. Are you planning on coming here to live or bringing her to your home country? If your plan is to visit when you can and send money to support her, you're in for a long ride.

Nope. She and the baby is coming here. From what I've read, the males say $700 is too much and females say it is not. Well, guess $700 is about right, and believe me that's the limit. She's working part time at home too, bringing in $250/month. I figured that's plenty.

BTW. DNA test has to be done (not because I don't believe it's mine) but for ppwrk sake. Is there approved facilities in Vietnam that Canadian government would recognized? And how much does it cost?

Don't misunderstand me!
I said "it depends on how you want to raise your child or what do you want to offer for him/her".
Here you can buy a kilo of tomato with VND8.000 or VND60.000, same same size, same place, different way to grow.
You can buy either Bobby diaper (60 pieces) with VND93.000 or Merries diaper with VND405.000 (64 pieces) for the same size. The price are 24% discount already, right now in market.
Friso formula produced in Vietnam with VND370.500 vs. Aptamil imported from England with VND580.000, same weight.

Anyway, it's your choice.
However, it may be good if she lives with her family cause it reduce cost & raise safety. Kids need communication & love, too. They can look after your child while she works. In the end of the day, all they (and we also) need is love and good care, not expensive things.

After all, best wishes for your family, esp. your child! :)

Be sure to have the money talk before she arrives in CN.  What are her expectations and what are yours.  You both need to stick to it.

Haha sounds like the Philippines.

Congratulations on the birth of your child, not  that you really did anything!

You're certainly stepping up to the plate now though and showing a high amount of class and tact, as well an admirable amount of self-control in the face of several juvenile and mean-spirited remarks. 

I think that $700 a month is about right; since you've already paid the rent.  You already know that marrying a Viet usually means you've entered into a situation in which the family may look to you for help financially. Should they really be blamed or looked down upon for that, were it to happen? 

I hope things work lout for you and your family, because you're the type that deserves to be rewarded; a real credit to the gender.    :top:

Seems you haven't started the sponsorship process. The wait time for Vietnam is 30 months. That's not a typo. That's why I quit my job. I'm in it for the long haul whether it be 6 months or 30 months I'm not chancing any time living apart from my wife.

I'm just starting my Canadian spousal sponsorship application and doing it all on my own. Learned a lot so if you have any questions fire away.

First of how would your gf be classified?

You can sponsor her as: spouse, common-law or conjugal.

Conjugal would apply to you if you can show an immigration barrier that prevents you from living with her for at least a year in Vietnam. Otherwise you might have to legally marry her or live with her for a year which you were probably planning to do anyways I assume.

Secondly your DNA question. When you sponsor her the Visa officer will require you to take a DNA of the baby at their designated clinic. They won't accept any other DNA results.

wow!
hh
it's quite sad and shocking to read the posts from people call themselves "men". But more sad than shocking!

Many of them don't care about how often does the father see his child? Who's helping the child and the mother here in Vietnam when something goes wrong? What else does he do to share his duties as a parent to his child apart from giving money (which other millions fathers also do)? The only thing some guys care about is 700$ a big amount of money and the mother will take advantage of that. I am disgusted!

I wonder will any of those men agree to take 700$/ month and take care of a baby alone on their own? As they said, 700$ is plenty of money, they don't have to go to work anymore and can even live a luxury life and the amount increases after time. Looks like a good deal. Anyone?

Hi TonyMapleLeaf

Actually I read this thread days ago and didnt leave a comment because I could not answer your question. The topic popped up again and I couldnt stop myself leaving a comment because of those comment assuming this and that. 
Regarding these comment, you should just stick to answer his question about the amount of money is enough. I think the man is old enough to know what he is doing and want to do.     

All i can say is, I will come to Vietnam soon and planned to stay there for 6 month. From my research, my guess is that im gonna live in Saigon for 800-1000 USD pr month.

Ngan Khanh wrote:

wow!
hh
it's quite sad and shocking to read the posts from people call themselves "men". But more sad than shocking!

Many of them don't care about how often does the father see his child? Who's helping the child and the mother here in Vietnam when something goes wrong? What else does he do to share his duties as a parent to his child apart from giving money (which other millions fathers also do)? The only thing some guys care about is 700$ a big amount of money and the mother will take advantage of that. I am disgusted!

I wonder will any of those men agree to take 700$/ month and take care of a baby alone on their own? As they said, 700$ is plenty of money, they don't have to go to work anymore and can even live a luxury life and the amount increases after time. Looks like a good deal. Anyone?

Good luck to him.  I hope he has more than TYDUS, whose story I found very revealing.   Your post was interesting too.

khanh44 wrote:

Seems you haven't started the sponsorship process. The wait time for Vietnam is 30 months. That's not a typo. That's why I quit my job. I'm in it for the long haul whether it be 6 months or 30 months I'm not chancing any time living apart from my wife.

I'm just starting my Canadian spousal sponsorship application and doing it all on my own. Learned a lot so if you have any questions fire away.

First of how would your gf be classified?

You can sponsor her as: spouse, common-law or conjugal.

Conjugal would apply to you if you can show an immigration barrier that prevents you from living with her for at least a year in Vietnam. Otherwise you might have to legally marry her or live with her for a year which you were probably planning to do anyways I assume.

Secondly your DNA question. When you sponsor her the Visa officer will require you to take a DNA of the baby at their designated clinic. They won't accept any other DNA results.

The wait is not 24 months. It's just an average and in reality if the sponsor is Vietnamese it will usually take much longer than if the sponsor is Caucasian because much of immigration fraud is done between natives of that country. They will take more time studying family links for example. Also, chances for an interview are higher, which can slow you down at least a year and a half. I know of three sponsors (myself included) that sponsored a Vietnamese wife within 10 months, but none of the sponsors are Vietnamese.

As for DNA and kids, it really depends on how you want to proceed. My Vietnamese friend from Canada who got married to a Vietnamese wife in Vietnam has not started the sponsorship papers yet but they could easily get a Canadian passport for their first kid (they have two) and that kid is already here in Canada. So DNA testing does not have to be part of the immigration process if the kids already have their Canadian passport by that time, but in that case you will still need to provide DNA testing to the embassy, the tests will probably be done at IOM.

I really hope the OT is married or plan to be married to the mother of his child because even though in theory it's true you can sponsor as "conjugal partners", in reality it's never going to work in the current immigration environment in Canada. The best case will be an interview, and that's if you're lucky.

P3T3 wrote:

All i can say is, I will come to Vietnam soon and planned to stay there for 6 month. From my research, my guess is that im gonna live in Saigon for 800-1000 USD pr month.

Make sure and have more than your allotted budget available. Living on 800-1000 USD per month for a tourist is going to be ruff. Even for someone living and working here that budget is a bit tight.  Just my 2 cents.

Quite a few of the ladies on this site talk about how the 'foreigner' should understand the vietnamese tradition of the man paying for the woman etc etc and not be so negative about it (yet so many of the women i meet here in VN say they want a foreign boyfriend because VN men are so terrible!!). Well, if the average salary is about 4 million VND (and clearly a family can feed a baby on this and pay for everything else because there are zillions of kids in VN) then why not send 4 million and a couple of million for good luck? If you are sending 14 million and paying the rent you would have to worry how this money is being spent. I bet her father is having a fantastic time - drinks all round, trips to the massage..just saying!

Ngan Khanh wrote:

wow!
hh

I think the mix of comments reflects people's experiences really. Some saying that he is a 'wonderful guy seems over simplistic too as we really do not know enough. If we are honest, we ALL know there is an extremely high failure rate when it comes to relationships between foreigners and VN girls (and, no doubt, some happy stories too). Often issues around money play a huge part in a lot of the problems. I remember when I first arrived in VN being told that VN women have a MASSIVE sense of entitlement - invariably the girl is younger and prettier..Still, the girl has had the baby and the father should contribute to the costs involved. The father is perfectly entitled to ascertain how much he should be paying.

I agree with everything you wrote and want to clarify some points.

It's now increased to 30 months at Singapore. I always thought the 30 months is the maximum when they have to render the sponsorship application a decision. That does not include appeals. So it can be somewhere between 6 months and 30 months.

I'm having a kid soon and not worried about him coming over to Canada. He'll automatically become a Canadian citizen by birth and have passport. The DNA if requested would probably be to proof the baby is mine if they suspect my marriage is not legitamate and not because of my child coming over to Canada.

I met an Asian fellow from Montreal at the Canadian Embassy that helps people with their Canadian sponsorship application last year. Just a stab in the dark.

I could use some advice for my spousal sponsorship application. I'm Vietnamese and she's Vietnamese both same age and we have a child together. We've lived together for over a year. I hope they don't group us in with the fraudsters. But I'm prepared to wait it out 30 months or more if an appeal is required which would be close to 5 years.

WillyBaldy wrote:

The wait is not 24 months. It's just an average and in reality if the sponsor is Vietnamese it will usually take much longer than if the sponsor is Caucasian because much of immigration fraud is done between natives of that country. They will take more time studying family links for example. Also, chances for an interview are higher, which can slow you down at least a year and a half. I know of three sponsors (myself included) that sponsored a Vietnamese wife within 10 months, but none of the sponsors are Vietnamese.

As for DNA and kids, it really depends on how you want to proceed. My Vietnamese friend from Canada who got married to a Vietnamese wife in Vietnam has not started the sponsorship papers yet but they could easily get a Canadian passport for their first kid (they have two) and that kid is already here in Canada. So DNA testing does not have to be part of the immigration process if the kids already have their Canadian passport by that time, but in that case you will still need to provide DNA testing to the embassy, the tests will probably be done at IOM.

I really hope the OT is married or plan to be married to the mother of his child because even though in theory it's true you can sponsor as "conjugal partners", in reality it's never going to work in the current immigration environment in Canada. The best case will be an interview, and that's if you're lucky.

philip983 wrote:

Quite a few of the ladies on this site talk about how the 'foreigner' should understand the vietnamese tradition of the man paying for the woman etc etc and not be so negative about it (yet so many of the women i meet here in VN say they want a foreign boyfriend because VN men are so terrible!!). Well, if the average salary is about 4 million VND (and clearly a family can feed a baby on this and pay for everything else because there are zillions of kids in VN) then why not send 4 million and a couple of million for good luck? If you are sending 14 million and paying the rent you would have to worry how this money is being spent. I bet her father is having a fantastic time - drinks all round, trips to the massage..just saying!

Now that's generalization.

$700usd is way to much imo especially if you have already paid the rent. I think $450 is ok which is considered a high salary especially in Nha Trang. problem is your girlfriend will get used to the money and expect it all the time even when you are in the country. so keep it small, she will still be very happy even with $350. most vietnamese women get paid around $200 per month. personally i think most vietnamese girls are seeking a foreign boyfriend for the money and security. they will quickly get rid of you if these needs aren't going to be met...

Seems like more than enough especially as the rent is already paid. I don't know how the two of you are coping being that far apart, it would drive me nuts.
With regards to Philip's comment. My gf has made it clear she will never quit her job. She has no intention of ever being in a position where she has to rely on a man for money. I suppose it depends on the woman and the man. I like an independent woman as it makes me feel secure, and to be honest I would rather look after the kids. The joys of retiring in my 40s. Old enough to to retire and young enough to have the energy for kids. I am not sure how much she earns as it never occurred to me to ask but my guess is about 8 million a month.

some of the guys that say she could live on 3-4 mil a month should try it out themselves and see what kind of lifestyle that can afford.  3-4 mill a month is living in poverty.  if u are already paying her rent then 700 is enough.

I got to agree with many realistic posts explaining the real cost of living in Vietnam. I see mothers posting here in support of giving the mother a life style far above normal Vietnam standards.

I raised 3 girls and paid child support for 2 boys. 1 girl i raised was not my child. I share this as a reference of whom i am. Some ladies here seem to refer to men who do not support their children.

For the past 2 years i support 2 14 year old girls, 1 5 year old girl and their mother. I am paying a school to give the mother a skill to suppor herslf and her children in the future.

I send money for school, pay hospital bills, insurance, pay for birthdays, uniforms for school, send Christmas presents and more. In all i spend about $400 U.S.D.

The city they live in is an expensive city and their living location is not cheap.

If your intention is to support your child $200 USD is a good sum for your child . if you want to give your girlfriend money... Hhmmm.

If you give your girlfriend more than she needs, don't be surprised if someone else is living in your shoes will you are away.

I have seen this so many times, in fact it happened to me. You don't want to come across as cheap, but by not making your girlfriend accountable for some of the expenses, she will be bored and with money in here pocket, i believe you create a senario for an unsuccessful future... And yes, the monthly dum will only increase.

My ex wife never had to work. I had maids, livin sitters, kids in private schools and the wife played all day long. People are people. Internet affairs are not as truthful as we all would hope they would be.

Accountability is asking for receipts to understand where the money is going. Look, if she has a problem sending receipts, someone is not being honest. An honest person has no problem showing their honesty. Good luck

If I was your gf I would have a fight with you about this... she has a baby and still don't trust her and you go and ask strangers like this...if she see this post she would feel so sad and disappointed.
If you don't trust her then don't give any as she would need money from a man that doesn't trust her like that.
You giving the money for your baby not her so think of that and give as you can...you can give 1-200$ or 1-2000? It's up to you and depend on how you want them to live. You want your gf and you baby live in good conditions or s**** condition which is depend on you

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : part of this message has been removed due to inappropriate language
Nhat Phuong wrote:

If I was your gf I would have a fight with you about this... she has a baby and still don't trust her and you go and ask strangers like this...if she see this post she would feel so sad and disappointed.
If you don't trust her then don't give any as she would need money from a man that doesn't trust her like that.
You giving the money for your baby not her so think of that and give as you can...you can give 1-200$ or 1-2000? It's up to you and depend on how you want them to live. You want your gf and you baby live in good conditions or s***** condition which is depend on you

Wow, that is severe. You must be one of the women people on this site warn about getting involved with. The post is anonymous. He was just asking advice. He is being financially very generous. As I wrote previously I don't know how he can deal with being apart from her. But, I am sure he is happy you are not his gf, I know I most certainly am lucky I met the woman I have and not you. You sound like a nasty, caustic nightmare. If you are single I know why, if you are in a relationship I pity the man. When I read some of the posts here I BBM my gf to tell her how lucky I was I met her and how much I loved her. I now know this even more.
BTW it takes two to tango.

Nhat Phuong wrote:

If I was your gf I would have a fight with you about this... she has a baby and still don't trust her and you go and ask strangers like this...

Girl,
she agreed with that and not only him happy with that.
If I was her, I will understand because he is trying to make my life better when he asked people like this.
Maybe they discussed already so he knows about 700$ is enough for almost woman here with a child. Don't make everything more complicated, if he doesn't care, why he needs advice?

OP, it depends on her life style, but she can earn 5M with part time job, I thought she is not a person wants to rely on anyone. But now she pregnant, and give a birth, so she will be busy to take care of your child and can't earn that money. So please support her as much as you can, and talk to her always to know which difficulties that she face to after having a child. And also know about the way she spend your money. The more you care, the more she feel happy. And when woman is happy, she will try all her best to grow up your child. Only some terrible women who don't do that, if so you will know soon.

Nhat Phuong wrote:

If I was your gf I would have a fight with you about this... and she has a baby and still don't trust her and you go and ask strangers like this...if she see this post she would feel so sad and disappointed.
You giving the money for your baby not her so think of that and give as you can...you can give 1-200$ or 1-2000? It's up to you and depend on how you want them to live. You want your gf and you baby live in good conditions or s**** condition which is depend on you

Why don,t you read post #18 and you can read what he decided to do. If she,s going to get $700 a month plus the $250 a month she earns part time and not have to worry about rent for 12months, I think her life in NHA TRANG will be quite ok. Maybe young, well educated english speaking Vietnamese women who have good jobs and earn good salaries  living a very different life style to those outside Ho Chi Minh City should realise that  Vietnam extends  further than District 1