Poker / Video Games Night

We are organizing a poker/video games night.  Video games would be either PS3 or Xbox 360 games (e.g FIFA, PES, NBA (NBA Live, NBA2k10), Racing, COD etc..) Idea is 2x a month.  Dates, time and venue to be announced (TBA).

If interested, then sign up or add your name below:
1. marvfin
2. veechansa
3. astonished
4. dreamtim
5. dronya

Don't rule out WIIIIIII as another option. Nintendo can be the perfect choice for party games, hahaha! Does anyone own a WIIIII and is willing to host?

Best,
Vee (related to Wii only by name)

marvfin wrote:

We are organizing a poker/video games night.  Video games would be either PS3 or Xbox 360 games (e.g FIFA, PES, NBA (NBA Live, NBA2k10), Racing, COD etc..) Idea is 2x a month.  Dates, time and venue to be announced (TBA).

1. marvfin
2. veechansa
3. Astonished (I can bring my WII along as well, although I only have a couple of games on it)

Come on guys we need more gamers here, go ahead and sign up!

Thanks for the offer for bringing the Wii along Astonished....if the games you have are Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, then I'm sure a couple of games will be plenty. :) I haven't played both games myself, but I see they get rave reviews and a perfect score of 10 in almost every review website!

BTW I see you are from S. Africa, I know a guy tonyrsfa on this forum, also from SA and is a Wii gamer / poker player. He's also going to get us the poker chips from London so we can get this poker club started up. I'm glad we're similar age and have similar interests...should make life a bit more interesting around here :)

Anyone up for CS 1.6 ?????? I got a team.

WALI wrote:

Anyone up for CS 1.6 ?????? I got a team.

Sorry Wali not being rude but this is an Expat forum, from your profile I see that your not an expat in Libya.

veechansa wrote:

Thanks for the offer for bringing the Wii along Astonished....if the games you have are Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, then I'm sure a couple of games will be plenty. :) I haven't played both games myself, but I see they get rave reviews and a perfect score of 10 in almost every review website!

BTW I see you are from S. Africa, I know a guy tonyrsfa on this forum, also from SA and is a Wii gamer / poker player. He's also going to get us the poker chips from London so we can get this poker club started up. I'm glad we're similar age and have similar interests...should make life a bit more interesting around here :)

The games I have on the Wii are Super Smash Bros (My all time favorite), Tennis, Baseball, Golf, Boxing (Sports collection in 1 CD), WWE Raw Vs Smackdown, and some odd car game!

I've never played poker to be honest, but willing to pick it up.

when we are going to start?

Wali, from your profile you are from Tripoli, but if you play poker (or willing to learn how to play it) and enjoy some of the video games above, you are most welcome to participate.

Astonished, I don't think one has to be an expat to join up. Besides, this is a place for networking and there are many Libyans on this site which is great since it gives more value to the information on this site.

BTW no worries if you are a beginner at poker, it's very easy to pick up and once you know how to play it, it can be quite addictive...you have been warned!! :)

It looks like the enthusiasm is there.....Dreamtim we plan on starting later in October.

My idea is to ask for volunteers to host poker nights at thier homes. Any volunteers?

I'm sure the poker being played is purely for research purposes into the psychology of non verbal communication.
It may be necessary for all attendees to contribute a small fiscal sum in order to finance the purchase of snacks, non alcoholic beverages etc.
Any residual amount can either be shared amongst the participants or, if all are agreed, can be given to one person whom shall be decided by a random selection process such as scissors/stone/paper, tossing a coin or a game of cards.

HTH. :cool:

veechansa wrote:

Astonished, I don't think one has to be an expat to join up. Besides, this is a place for networking and there are many Libyans on this site which is great since it gives more value to the information on this site.

Understood, but be careful in the selection process make sure the guy is not a fake.

Mudman wrote:

I'm sure the poker being played is purely for research purposes into the psychology of non verbal communication.
It may be necessary for all attendees to contribute a small fiscal sum in order to finance the purchase of snacks, non alcoholic beverages etc.
Any residual amount can either be shared amongst the participants or, if all are agreed, can be given to one person whom shall be decided by a random selection process such as scissors/stone/paper, tossing a coin or a game of cards.

You're teaching them the poisonous ways of the English devils.
You must cease you sinister insinuations at once! Or be cast as a descendant of Satan and burned at the stake (or at the green square fountain).

hmm...thanks for the advice guys. I will have to seriously take into account cultural considerations as well. Perhaps it's best to take these discussions offline.

For everyone. Wali is a good man, he found good apartments for us )) Wael if you want to play poker be free to join to our team)
to veechansa: I'll bring poker chips from russia in October.
If anybody interesting in party games i also have PS2 with eyetoy and DDR carpet )

veechansa wrote:

hmm...thanks for the advice guys. I will have to seriously take into account cultural considerations as well. Perhaps it's best to take these discussions offline.

Yep, take this convo on our emails. I suggest you send a PM to all the ones added on Mavrfin's list only.

I only have a PSP. Can I join? I do know how to poker although I still consider myself as a beginner.

wolfpaq wrote:

I only have a PSP. Can I join? I do know how to poker although I still consider myself as a beginner.

I have PSP too but I like poker ))) I also think that I'm rookie in Poker.

wolfpaq wrote:

Just one word can make a big difference.

Wolfpaq.....with a display pic like that you are most defnitely welcome to join :)

So when are we going to start the video gaming dude?

marvfin wrote:

1. marvfin
2. veechansa
3. astonished
4. dreamtim
5. dronya

6. firefox

I'm in, when & where are we starting this video games session exactly?

I would like to join. I have quite a few PC games that I can install on several computers. ALl we need then is a router and we could have a LAN game if you guys would like as well to the other stuff mentioned

Forgot to mention, games I have working on several PCs include Borderlands, Bad Company 2, Saints Row 2. Others I have but havent tried on several PC's yet includes Fallout 3 & Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

FireFox wrote:

1. marvfin
2. veechansa
3. astonished
4. dreamtim
5. dronya
6. firefox
7. freakyfingers (CODMW2,CS1.6, TF2, BF2142)

maza711 wrote:

I would like to join. I have quite a few PC games that I can install on several computers. ALl we need then is a router and we could have a LAN game if you guys would like as well to the other stuff mentioned

Maza711, thats a great idea, we could gather up the laptops in one place and have hub wired in and start LAN gaming. This sounds fun than the gaming consoles in my opinion.

Come on to the person who started this thread organize something and let's set this up.

Cool, It might be a good idea the 1st night we start these sessions everyone brings theor laptop / PC round so I can get the installation and configuration going while we do something else.

Note: If anyone would like the games installed anyway just for themselves give me a shout, and we'll see what can be done.

Maza and Firefox you guys can go ahead and set up your own PC group. no need to wait for the the perlson who set this thread up to start things up for you, right? Personally I have no interest in the PC gamnes you mentioned so I won't be joining.

Yeah.. So we can organize another meeting for that. At first we want to play Poker and console Sport games. Tournment in CS 1.6 also interesting but in another evening. What do you think about that?

Well like you said we have poker, console , CS 1.6 & other PC games. I am up for all of them. Do something on each night we meet up or have separate nights, I don't really mind.

I am in a hotel so I cant really host. Anyone else up for hosting?

veechansa & DronYA, come on guys what's up? We would eventually need more gamers anyway, why not we all gather together at a spot and decide how, what, and where to play?

I am ok with poker too, just adding more spices to the entertainment dude!!!

Ok.. Let's meet before my depature to russia. May be next weekends? Where are you living FireFox? What's the hotel's name?

DronYA wrote:

Ok.. Let's meet before my depature to russia. May be next weekends? Where are you living FireFox? What's the hotel's name?

I don't live at a hotel, but at a house in Janzour with my family. I wouldn't be able to host either, sorry about that!

Should we meet at some cafe location guys, just to discuss things!

FireFox wrote:
DronYA wrote:

I don't live at a hotel, but at a house in Janzour with my family. I wouldn't be able to host either, sorry about that!

GOTCHA!

Well and truly BUSTED :lol::lol::lol:

Yea, ahan, so I was saying (excuse my ignorance ExpatLibyan)...Guys, I think we should take the Poker subject on PM, due to certain fools who tend to be Expatriates but are actually locals.