Hello from Toronto, Canada

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to travel across Uganda in early 2011 and hoping to meet some interesting folks to hang out with, possibly travel with, or do some creative collaborations with.

I'm a Ugandan born Canadian who is also a videographer by trade and hoping to connect with expats and local Ugandans particularly in the arts community.

If anyone has suggestions on moderately priced accommodations, or great places and things to check out, that would be greatly appreciated!

One people. ONE LOVE.

Welcome to Expat-blog a_ike!

You should view Uganda classifieds for accommodation purposes and could even post an advert there as well.

Hope that you receive lot of replies soon and make friends.

Good Luck!
Sheetul

Hi,

I just moved from Wash DC to Seattle with my roommate (American) and miss my Ugandan and Rwandan friends in DC.

Does anyone have any suggestions in finding ANY Ugandans or Rwandans in Seattle.

Sleepless in Seattle

HI

You will be having many option for accomodation, it depends on your budget, and we have lots of things to explore here, many great places

Hope to see ya soon
Regards
Mitesh

Great, thank you. I will be sure to contact you about accommodation closer to my travel date.

No prob, you can contact me any time, on number +256-715-988727,
and you are most welcome to pearl of Africa

hi
welcome to pearl of africa
don worry you would have many kind of options for accomodation depending on your budget and would find many things to c and explore.

ruie, could you please post your ad in the Uganda classifieds ? thanks

Hi all,

The costs of items in Kampala are very diverse. Whatever is it, it may not cost the same in a different location, shop, supermarket, fresh foods market, school, hospital, restaurant, et cetera. There are government schools and private schools, same applies to hospitals.

For about $3, you can get a decent meal with, but you could pay 4 times that in another place without a drink just because the enviroment is elite, and so could be the service, or those things that do not matter when you are hungry.

Shopping: Go to supermarkets like Shoprite or Game that have almost everything, and  prices labelled on items, so you can always expect the same if you go back. No inflations. Relatively cheap, less or more cheap than some things in other places...

Housing: A safe neighborhood, and close enough to your place of work, places you frequent, or school for your child, if you have one.

Transport: Find a call-taxi, or call-motorcycle-taxi guy to pick and drop you in places you want, until you are familiar with getting around.

If you say exactly what you want, I could be more specific. Otherwise, I hope that helps... Good luck to you all ya!

God is good, all the time...
MJJoseph!