NEW TO MILAN - FILMMAKER NEEDS A ROOM TO RENT FOR A WHILE

I everyone, how you guys doing?

I'm 27, filmmaker, from Amsterdam, and I'm gonna film my very first movie in Milan. Can't really talk about the plot at this stage - I believe someone of you out there might be interested to know - but I'm getting crazy to find a place to stay from here, Amsterdam. Yep, you got it right. I didn't leave my home town yet - going to be in Milan in two weeks - and I was thinking to book a place online to avoid any sort of wasting time once arrived. Anyone can help me? Any suggestion? Any cool and safe website to look at?

Cheers,
Morten

Hey. What's up?

I'm not originally from Milan... I was actually born in Rome and did my undergrad there... But I recently moved to Milan and I might be eble to give you a bit of advices about it. So, my experience has some struggles, with an happy ending though. When I arrived I found hard looking for an affordable place in town because that city is so expensive... I first went on facebook in a few group to get a bit of knowledge, but unfortunately it didn't help me so much. Asked a few local friends then, but they were born in Milan and, cause of the high prices and stuff, they are still living with their parents. Result? No help or anything. Stayed in a hostel close to Colonne di San Lorenzo (btw that was pretty cool... can't rememnber the name) and met lots of friends. In the hostel, one dude from London told me about a new online platform where you can look for a place online and book it. It's called nestpick and it works well cause I got my nice place... at least in my experience!

you see? at the end everything went good. good luck my friend!

thank you superluca! that was good stuff man!! really helpful :) cheers

Hi.
My name is Vincenzo.
I work in Milan and I live by the Lake of Como.
About your request for an apt in Milan, I can offer you a single-bed, 40 sqm flat in the North part of the City:VIALE MONZA.
The apt is fully furnished, cosyly set-up, in an elegant condominium by the Underground stop of Sesto-Marelli (red line).
Therefore, you will be only 25 minutes away from the city centre by Metro'.

If you are interested, I need to know the period of time you will be using it..
The cost is: 50 E. per working day and 55 E. per Saturdays and Sundays.
My tel Num is:  +39 3280326545
My Skype address is: enzo777999
My e-mail is: enzovalenza9[at]hotmail.com
Best Wishes.
Vincenzo.

Hello Vincenzo99

Could you please drop an advert in the Housing in Milan section so as to better spread the word about the rental you are proposing?

Any form of advert is not authorised on the forum.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team