Quito Expats Welcome Texans This Summer*

Due to global warming and Texas's location in the extreme south end of the lower 48 states, Quito Expats extend a cordial greeting and invitation to all Texans to come here to the highlands of Ecuador during the North American summer* of 2015.

There's plenty of info about Quito and Cuenca on Expat.com.

Still, the numbers below may be all you need to persuade you to visit.

Friendly visitors from all other locations are also welcome.

July average high temperatures (Fahrenheit)

Fort Worth, TX          95

Houston, TX              92

El Paso, TX               95

Quito, EC                  68

Cuenca, EC              65

Salinas, EC               64

Bilbao, Spain             77

Sources: worldweatheronline.com, accuweather.com       

Quito Expats

Very nice.  Yes, it is hot and August probably has an even higher average high temperature than July, at least in DFW area.  Without claiming to debunk the global warming cries, the past summers have been markedly "cooler" for some reason.  Then again, it's a balance. Today's high is 70.

In my case, I'll always be in a warmer to hot environment as I far prefer hot to cold and beaches/ocean to everything else.

SawMan wrote:

Yes, it is hot and August probably has an even higher average high temperature than July, at least in DFW area....

In my case, I'll always be in a warmer to hot environment as I far prefer hot to cold and beaches/ocean to everything else.

Holy hotcakes, Batman!  SawMan really knows his Texas weather.  Historically, the average high temperature in Fort Worth has been either 96 or 97 on every day of the first three weeks in August.  (accuweather)

Unfortunately, the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area appears to be a full day's drive from his beloved beaches along the Gulf of Mexico.

cccmedia

cc:  Catwoman, The Joker, Two-Face, The Riddler, SawMan

cccmedia wrote:

Unfortunately, the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area appears to be a full day's drive from his beloved beaches along the Gulf of Mexico.

Many Texans flock to the Gulf coast beaches from Galveston Island south to Corpus Christi to South Padre Island.  I don't.  My preference is to head to the many Mexico and Caribbean locations easily accessible from Texas as well as cruises out of Galveston and Houston.  :)

Had some friends who moved from PA to Fort Worth during the 2008 economic chaos stop in last night.  Of course they invited us to come visit them sometime "But not during June, July, August or September, its just too hot."  These folks know hot, a Puerto Rican and Filipina currently building a home/mission on the coast of Luzon sans air con.  In Texas they have air con.

The Texas drought has been broken!!!
Gotta think plenty of Texans will still prefer Ecuador to their summer oven.

cccmedia:  In a totally unrelated subject,  Jeff Krick, billing himself as the number 1 Elvis Tribute artist, he has performed with The Stamps Quartet, will be at Levitt Pavilion Steelstacks on 6/13/15.
www.levittsteelstacks.org

mugtech wrote:

Texans will still prefer Ecuador to their summer oven.

cccmedia...Jeff Krick, billing himself as the number 1 Elvis Tribute artist, he has performed with The Stamps Quartet, will be at Levitt Pavilion Steelstacks on June 13.

An Elvis sighting is predicted at the explorers clubhouse, Mariana de Jesus y Ulloa in Quito, on July 4th.  The songlist no doubt will include Jailhouse Rock, Love Me Tender, Kentucky Rain and other classics.

cccmedia in Quito

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I will be in Chicago that weekend.
Please let us know how many Texans show up.

cccmedia wrote:
mugtech wrote:

Texans will still prefer Ecuador to their summer oven.

cccmedia...Jeff Krick, billing himself as the number 1 Elvis Tribute artist, he has performed with The Stamps Quartet, will be at Levitt Pavilion Steelstacks on June 13.

An Elvis sighting is predicted at the explorers clubhouse, Mariana de Jesus y Ulloa in Quito, on July 4th.  The songlist no doubt will include Jailhouse Rock, Love Me Tender, Kentucky Rain and other classics.

cccmedia in Quito

en espagnol?

suefrankdahl wrote:

en espagnol?

Elvis was and is so amado in South America that there is a popular Spanish-language version of Jailhouse Rock.

Nevertheless, his canciones are performed in the original English, especially on a USA holiday such as July 4th.

cccmedia in Quito