The Best Way to meet the girls (as friend)

I have seen in couple of years that Oman is turning the height of sucess, but also we should see how to fix the lonliness in after daily work activity.

How to meet the girls and talk chat and spend quality time, where to find I dont want clubs dear?

Arjun dear,

u r in arab country. Dont expect too much.. compare with other middle east countries.

I think there is no friendship between man and woman.They say.

Or put it that way,they can not stop emotional incline to each others.Because of creation.Thay say.

These creation and social structures turning woman as a slaves.

I do not think any woman is happy in any muslim countries.

By this way of life,all of them never braek the chain of being third world countries.

Women is civilization, women is loveliness, women is real meaning of life.

They know but never admitted.

Take for instance Turkey,we have 90.000 mosques,3.500 course of Quran for children and 35.000 associations for to establish new mosques.(in 2010)

All system working against women freedom.

Do you think, Turkey will be one of the modern state one day.

Never.

What will happened than ?

This contradiction will be continued for ever,between secular and muteddein's.

They have horrible prejudgements about women.

That will never changed.

hey guys,
well...let me ask you one thing!! do u think it is becasue country or becasue type of girls!!
let me simplify it for you guys...what is the difference if you meet omani, arab,western ...etc girl in oman?
if it is becasue of local girls here then i think you can see other girls...go ahead for other girls..western girls for example...

well i think all girls are standard here in oman haha..it depends on the country of living not the original country...all girls are acting same as what you have said and treated same with some differences....

cheers...

Hi

hi...
what do you think Arjun? say something

mooscoach wrote:

hey guys,
well...let me ask you one thing!! do u think it is becasue country or becasue type of girls!!
let me simplify it for you guys...what is the difference if you meet omani, arab,western ...etc girl in oman?
if it is becasue of local girls here then i think you can see other girls...go ahead for other girls..western girls for example...

well i think all girls are standard here in oman haha..it depends on the country of living not the original country...all girls are acting same as what you have said and treated same with some differences....

cheers...

:):):)

Hey Laura,

You are right Laura...I agree..But how do u know a man if he is honest or not?
You didn't meet all the men...right? You r right in UK it is different...

I think the country here influenced you...that made you looking like some local people...and I think that's cool...haha :)

Well for me...it depends on the chances that girls give to me...i know most of the girls are looking for a date but i can't tell u for example lets go for a date and i know nothing about u...right?
First you have to know the girl and let her know u, then u can tell her about the date or friendship...and this rely on the chances that the girl give to u...did u get my point?
the most words that i heared from the girls when i first meet them on website or internet are : " I dont have the mode to chat with u" " i dont know who u r" " u r stranger" "i dont talk to strangers" "u r weird" "i cant give my fone number" hahaha :) or sometimes they r ignoring u..

whats the hell is that mean? we just started to chat...just to chat ...nothing else...i dont understand..

Unfortunately I didn't get that much of chances...now on this forum I can't let people reply on my private messages for example...:) nobody put me in a position to let people do something they don't want to....right?

its not about honest..some of the girls looking for appearances...if u r handsome then i think girls will give u the chance even if u r not honest...

so the issue is the chance!!
I don't know...maybe I am wrong..

Cheers,

Trusty wrote:

Or put it that way,they can not stop emotional incline to each others.Because of creation.Thay say.

By this way of life,all of them never braek the chain of being third world countries.

Take for instance Turkey,we have 90.000 mosques,3.500 course of Quran for children and 35.000 associations for to establish new mosques.(in 2010)

Never.

That will never changed.

I'm new to this forum and to be honest I found your message as offensive. I will not try to discuss or convince you for any thing but I want to say what you are saying is wrong.

I don't know about your country but in my country and I believe in most of the Islamic countries women are happy and they are not by any way treated as slaves. If one person here or there is acting bad that does not mean the whole society is so and by the religion and the social structure those bad people are punished.

I'm Omani and I have many Omani (female) friends and some of them are married and some are not and they are happy and we still can communicate freely and this not against the religion by any how.

Again I'm taking your words from the positive view. In other words, the above is based on assuming you speak about the good friendship not a friendship to reach hidden intentions.

every Simple .. u can go city center and open ur bluetooth mobile ...put name bluetooth ur number phone ..;)

Hello,

If you wish to meet girls, then you should approach girls whom you think are of your standing/level & nationality. Do not try to approach Omani girls and don't try to approach anyone else if you do not know what to say and how to conduct yourself in a gentlemanly manner. Girls do not like pushy men who try to force themselves.

If you are simply finding it difficult to befriend girls even at your workplace, then I suggest you join a unisex Gym after work hours, or your Social Club? That's a good way to start, to make friends and meet people.

If that fails, then I suggest you hit the Nightclubs/Pubs on the weekends!! Scan the place..., if you spot a girl whom you think is your type, then try to catch her eye... smile first and see if she reciprocates, and then you could approach her, introduction and buy her a drink. It's extremely hard to find single expat girls in Oman... but with some luck, you might succeed!

If all things fail, then I suggest you go back home in time for marriage!!

GOOD LUCK!

Hi every one

Hehehehe, Awesome!! incredibly fantastic chronological attempts ;)
ye, go back home if all thee attempts fail!!

Tanii wrote:

Hello,

If you wish to meet girls, then you should approach girls whom you think are of your standing/level & nationality. Do not try to approach Omani girls and don't try to approach anyone else if you do not know what to say and how to conduct yourself in a gentlemanly manner. Girls do not like pushy men who try to force themselves.

If you are simply finding it difficult to befriend girls even at your workplace, then I suggest you join a unisex Gym after work hours, or your Social Club? That's a good way to start, to make friends and meet people.

If that fails, then I suggest you hit the Nightclubs/Pubs on the weekends!! Scan the place..., if you spot a girl whom you think is your type, then try to catch her eye... smile first and see if she reciprocates, and then you could approach her, introduction and buy her a drink. It's extremely hard to find single expat girls in Oman... but with some luck, you might succeed!

GOOD LUCK!

I think every one share the best from their side but I like all of them and hope fully spend some time to walk and more time to devote office. lol

I fully agree with OmaniVIP. Even though I am an Indian, since I live here for long years, I know very well about Omani culture. In fact, Omani female is having more power than Omani male in Oman. This is because, the Omani culture and placing humanity in front than other egos. What I am getting in India ( why I am saying India, comparatively more free than any other countries, other than big fews), I am getting in Oman.

For example, Dubai is supposed to be more free (in all aspects) in Gulf, but when it's coming for religious, temples (are there) or Churches are functioning in a villa and not in it's type, whereas about more than twenty years before a perfect North Indian temples have been in Muscat. In fact, there was a temple earlier, which was resembling, Indian village side centuries old temple type (now it's being modernized, due to some improvements & compulsions).

Why I am saying this? Not only in women freedom, in all aspects, Oman is richly facilitated in every aspects to their not only citizen, but also to residents. I am proud to be an Indian citizen at the same time, I am equally proud to say, I am Omani Resident.

Also, I forgot to mention about male - female friendship. I am having more Omani friends (both sex) in my workplace. They may be present or past employees or known through some other sources. But still those who left also having friendship, if not everyday, the contacts at least by greeting SMS on Eid day or other functions. It's purely depending upon how you're using the friendship & how you're treating the friend.

In my opinion, when it's a healthy friendship, there is no concern about whether male or female. That's why I mentioned, the subject will be friend's choice, but at the same time, for that it not compulsion for you to adopt the same, which you don't like.

OmaniVIP wrote:
Trusty wrote:

Never.

That will never changed.

I'm new to this forum and to be honest I found your message as offensive. I will not try to discuss or convince you for any thing but I want to say what you are saying is wrong.

I don't know about your country but in my country and I believe in most of the Islamic countries women are happy and they are not by any way treated as slaves. If one person here or there is acting bad that does not mean the whole society is so and by the religion and the social structure those bad people are punished.

I'm Omani and I have many Omani (female) friends and some of them are married and some are not and they are happy and we still can communicate freely and this not against the religion by any how.

Again I'm taking your words from the positive view. In other words, the above is based on assuming you speak about the good friendship not a friendship to reach hidden intentions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fully agree with OmaniVIP. Even though I am an Indian, since I live here for long years, I know very well about Omani culture. In fact, Omani female is having more power than Omani male in Oman. This is because, the Omani culture and placing humanity in front than other egos. What I am getting in India ( why I am saying India, comparatively more free than any other countries, other than big fews), I am getting in Oman.

For example, Dubai is supposed to be more free (in all aspects) in Gulf, but when it's coming for religious, temples (are there) or Churches are functioning in a villa and not in it's type, whereas about more than twenty years before a perfect North Indian temples have been in Muscat. In fact, there was a temple earlier, which was resembling, Indian village side centuries old temple type (now it's being modernized, due to some improvements & compulsions).

Why I am saying this? Not only in women freedom, in all aspects, Oman is richly facilitated in every aspects to their not only citizen, but also to residents. I am proud to be an Indian citizen at the same time, I am equally proud to say, I am Omani Resident.

The replies r useful but still the core is missing, and need to explore more in deep.

Tanii wrote:

Hello, i agree with ur statement...hehehee...

GOOD LUCK!

maruda.s wrote:

Arjun dear,

u r in arab country. Dont expect too much.. compare with other middle east countries.

well, Mr Marunda, i just saw this thread...n was like "huh...what does he mean??" when i read ur comment..can u b less offensive??? ur tone sayin " u r in (AN) arab country....don't expect 2 much" is just unbearable, with all my respect...am not omani...n whether i like the country or not, WE all gotta b fair enough when talkin abt anythin...coz everythin has TWO (2) edges...n so, don't generalize as i've been in ur country, n i saw in some of its parts what real slavery is...n just 2 b short, google the situation of women n their rights in my country 4 example n u'll find u're just sayin things out of hear-sayin..n if ur comments imply other things other than civil rights (as i said, just google women's rights in tunisia), then maybe u betta visit morocco, tunisia, lebanon (in case u r talkin abt bein free in other terms)...

Trusty wrote:

Never.

That will never changed.

r u serious dude???? well, first of all, am not religious myself...n like most of my compatriots, i'm very laic in terms of political/social Vs religious life, but still, i just wanted 2 tell u u're wrong, buildin mosques in turkey doesn't mean lack of freedom 4 women...besides, i know turkey very well, and i've been there 10 times already...and i know well the turkish way of life...turkish women in big cities enjoy a quite big space of freedom in all senses....n i think the veiled women r not deprived of any right that abide by the rules of their beliefs...so i don't c any contradiction as u pledged...and PLEASE, YOU and ALL OF YOU GUYS who KEEP SAYIN THINGS out of anger or whatever, never ever generalize....who on eath told u there is NO WOMAN happy in the MUSLIM world?...well, i really don't wanna get further in this!!

Let's just say we have certain 'norms' in every society. but don't generalize.. Socially, people differ a great deal, and you just have to observe and take chances..

Goodluck! :)

The tradition and custom has some impact, don't expect too much from Omani girls.If you want a normal chat join some forums.

you can try expatriates.com

How to meet women, since nobody really wants to meet "girls", that is of course unless you are a child yourself. I would start off by a simple "hello" Of course since there are many different cultures here it would be a good idea to learn them. many women are approachable, but sincere respect is of the utmost important. In a public place it's not a very good idea to approach just any woman, but places like malls is a great place to see all the beauty here in Oman. Social gatherings in my opinion would be the best place to approach women since that is where people go to meet others or to just enjoy themselves. What I am getting at is there isn't any formula or "how to" rules when it comes to meting people. I think one should just be themselves, always be a gentleman and ALWAYS respect the social norms of the various cultures here in Oman. Good luck!

Gary
An American Expat living in Oman

thanks

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate comments have been removed from this topic.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

say Hi with respect and in humble way

Mmmmmmmhhhh, this thread is interesting. Lots of fascinating ideas.  You know every society has its norms and values that call for conformity.  I have noticed that Omani culture tends to shield the Girl child from Male interaction.I happened to be in the same room with an omani girl,she wanted to go out but there were Electricians in the corridor, she ran back so I asked her why and her reply was'I dont want those men to see me".in my mind I was like "WTF'.thats was a shocker for me.but then you gotta respect societal modes of conduct. I come from a society where social interaction btn gals n boys starts fromkindergarten.