EXPAT BLOG party - 11/09

hi everyone!
i'm proposing another meeting for all those in barcelona that are looking to make friends. some people already met in july and i heard that they had a great time.
how does everyone feel about Saturday 11th september? one member even suggested we meet at his house but if thats not possible what about just meeting at a pub? the george payne irish bar is good for ex-pats. its right beside urquinaona metro station.
im willing to do any co-ordinating that needs to be done.
right, thats the ball rolling. post on to share thoughts or confirm that youre coming.

Hello Catriona,
I've pinned your topic on top of the forum for a better visibility :)
When the place has been fixed we can add it to the title.
Cheers
Arlette

PS : did you know that you may modify your profile to reflect your new location (just click on the word Profile on top right of the window).

hiya, count me in Catriona.  Looking forward to meeting up with you all. Denise

Hi there,

Am another Barcelona expat interested in this expat meeting in September.

Cheers,
gaudi

11th September is good for me - the day after my birthday.

Hi Catriona!
I'm up for it too!
We should check if the bars are open... 11th sept is a holiday! I don't think it we'll be a problem if is an Irish pub :D
Me and and some others from Expat.com met in July, it was fun!
Hope to see lots of people there!
Ciao

Ooh, I must look here more often - any road up, ( I tried to explain this phrase to a Spanish friend last week),  hopefully catch up on the above date...!

good thinking b_c_n, ill email my friend who works at the george payne and see what the craic is with places being open that day.

Hey everyone,

That sounds like a good plan Caitriona.  I will be around and if you want any help planning it, let me know.

Chat soon,
Brenda

quick update. i emailed my friend at the george payne bar and she says that they will be open. it is a public holiday but she reckons most touristy bars and cafes will still open.is 8pm ok for everyone? i think ill make a sign or something so everyone knows who to look for. either that or ill do a little dance to attract attention. good times.
brenda, do you fancy meeting for a cup of coffee before hand?

8pm is fine with us.

Sorry, will be out of Spain till the 16th of September, but still interested in future meetings.

Caitriona, Yeah that suits me.  Will chat to you offline beforehand.

Brenda

yep 8pm great.  anyone going to the barca game on wednesday?

I'd love to go to the game on Weds, but I have to be somewhere else for work. Bugger!

Hey,

I'm new here, sounds like a good plan for the 11th :)

Claire

Sounds cool, guys!
Count me in!

Me and the girlfriend will be coming along.

Hola!
I'm new here and looking forward to the party !

Nico

Hey all,

I'm also in. Looking forward to meeting some new people!

Hola!

Count me in too, I just moved in a couple of days ago and I'm looking forward to meet other expats!

hai.every one.i,m also interested join this party.i think it will be funny.but i want to know what is the agenda of meetting.somebody infrom me.no more today.buy buy

will be bringing my daughter mandi with me on saturday and be nice to meet you guys - will we meet in the back part of the pub (as there is more room)?  see you then
ta ta and ciao for now

hi everyone! neil and I have settled in nicely in our new apartment. The only thing missing is internet access so I write this from a cafe across the road. Looking forward to Saturday. Diddly, good thinking about it being in the back. WhoeverŽs there first, try and get the big round tables. IŽm going to make a sign saying ŽExpat.com party!!Žor something. Sohel, I dont think thereŽll be much of an agenda apart from maybe drinking beer and having fun!
See you all soon! Yay!

Hi Everyone!
I might be coming with one or two friends, really nice people!
Looking forward to meet you all this saturday!
Adéu!

See you all tomorrow!!

Guess what I forgot about? Damn. Oh well. Next time. Hope it was good! This site really should alert you when posts have been made... (I AM subscribed, btw - just rarely get alerts).

I really wanted to come too, but I wasn't in good shape yesterday . I'm sorry. I hope there will be other events pretty soon :)

I was there but I did not find you guys ... I didn't see any sign and I didn't want to ask every table if they are from the Expat.com :p.

The meetup was a great success!  Disappointed to hear that you were there Seb and didn't manage to find us.  Lets try to organise another one soon.

Yes it was pretty fun! :D
I don't know if you feel like going to a concert for the BAM?
25th september, Belle & Sebastian in the old Estrella Damm Factory.
See you!

Yep, I'm going to this...!

It was a good night, although all those who left before about 3am missed out on my scintillating rendition of Parklife - I'm looking at you person who went for a smoke and never came back :p

Seb - we were in the big room at the back to start with, but then we ran out of table space and we moved upstairs. Sorry you missed us, see you next time?

As for Belle & Sebastian - I'm in! Maybe someone should start a new forum thread about it.

whenŽs the next one!!!

Hi everyone! Yes, it was a great success. All down to me. haha! Yes, J, I know IŽm a dirty runner. I just couldnt face fighting my way back into the club after Id escaped. Never mind.
So, where are we going next and when?

Hey had lunch with the Pope today (that is john and monika!!!) and we were talking about maybe doing a picnic on the beach one sunday lunchtime before it gets too cold, but people bring their own sandwiches etc., (bit of a botellon really) waddya think?

Sounds good to me!!

That sounds nice. Tell us when!

diddly6969 wrote:

Hey had lunch with the Pope today (that is john and monika!!!) and we were talking about maybe doing a picnic on the beach one sunday lunchtime before it gets too cold, but people bring their own sandwiches etc., (bit of a botellon really) waddya think?

Hi Diddly,
When you do fix a date and location, could you start a new post with it in the subject. We'll stick that topic on top of the forum!
Cheers
Arlette

Ok, how about Sunday 26th?