I am married to a costa rican citizen and would like to move there.

Hi everyone.

My name is Arshad Ali and I am married to a Costa Rican Citizen, but the (Nadra) marriage certificate produced in Pakistan is unacceptable in Costa Rica.

They say make Apostille, or legalize from third country.

I have tried everything and no embassy is willing to make the legalization.

Can someone help with the Apostille?

Or advice me for the legalization?

Someone told me that the Apostille can be done from USA if someone here can help with apostille I will pay the charges.

where have u married her i will help u on this forum

We got married in Pakistan. we have (nadra computerized) Marriage Certificate which is not acceptable in Costa Rica until it is Apositlled by a member country in Hague convention OR it is legalized by any third country.

So I tired to make the legalization, for that I would have to attest the documents from a certain embassy in Islamabad and then Ministry of Foreign affairs from that country and finally Costa Rica embassy in that country.

Only then the documents will be acceptable in Costa Rica.

Many nations will not accept Nadra or any other computer generated Marriage Certificates or Birth Certificates, they want original documents that bear a raised seal. I think you're just out of luck on this one my friend. If you can't get it authenticated by your own country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs first then Costa Rica Consulate certainly will never accept it for legalization.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

The documents are attested by ministry of foreign affairs in Pakistan, but the Costa Rica requires that such documents should be attested by Costa Rican embassy in any country.

In order to attest from any Costa Rican Embassy in New Delhi, India here is an example .

1) The documents should be attested by ministry of foreign affair in the country of Issuance (in this case Pakistan)(Already Done).
2) The documents should be attested by the Embassy of India, In Islamabad Pakistan.
3) The documents should be attested from the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi, India.
4) After all of the above attestations the Embassy of Costa Rica in New Delhi, India will accept  the documents for attestation.

OR

Someone from USA can take these documents for Apostille, after that my Wife can present the apostilled copies in person at the Civil Registry in Costa Rica.

I have tried to make the legalization from many embassies, but all of the embassies in Islamabad whose country have relations with Costa Rica are not willing to legalize that's why I posted this here so maybe someone can help.

arshadsethi wrote:

We got married in Pakistan. we have (nadra computerized) Marriage Certificate which is not acceptable in Costa Rica until it is Apositlled by a member country in Hague convention OR it is legalized by any third country.

So I tired to make the legalization, for that I would have to attest the documents from a certain embassy in Islamabad and then Ministry of Foreign affairs from that country and finally Costa Rica embassy in that country.

Only then the documents will be acceptable in Costa Rica.

brother well i can help u in that first of all i m not a agent i m helping u as brotherhood for that u have to come to Islamabad first of all u have to attest the copy of all documents to any notary public then u will submits all the documents to foreign ministry in Islamabad i will cost u about 500 Rs u have to submit by urself then  after that u will visit us embassy or any embassy u would like they will attest it also.Then it will be legalized after that for get visa u have to visit another ministry to submit just Peep me if u like to know more information Expat.com members always there to help u

You know what is the meaning of apostal ???  Apostal ka matlab hota hai ( halfia biyan )

Apostilles are affixed by Competent Authorities designated by the government of a state which is party to the convention.[2] A list of these authorities is maintained by the Hague Conference on Private International Law. Examples of designated authorities are embassies, ministries, courts or (local) governments. For example, in the United States, the Secretary of State of each state and his or her deputies are usually competent authorities. In the United Kingdom, all apostilles are issued by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in Milton Keynes.[3]

To be eligible for an apostille, a document must first be issued or certified by an officer recognised by the authority that will issue the apostille. For example, in the US state of Vermont, the Secretary of State maintains specimen signatures of all notaries public, so documents that have been notarised are eligible for apostilles.[4] Likewise, courts in the Netherlands are eligible of placing an apostille on all municipal civil status documents directly. In some cases, intermediate certifications may be required in the country where the document originates before it will be eligible for an apostille. For example, in New York City, the Office of Vital Records (which issues, among other things, birth certificates) is not directly recognised by the New York Secretary of State.[5] As a consequence, the signature of the City Clerk must be certified by the County Clerk of New York County to make the birth certificate eligible for an apostille.[6][7] In Japan all the official documents are issued in Japanese language, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA, JAPAN) then provides an apostille for these documents.[8] In India the apostille certification can be obtained from the Ministry of External Affairs[9]

apostille is an additional authentication required for international acceptance of notarized documents including  adoption papers, affidavits, birth certificates, contracts, death certificates, deeds, diplomas and degrees, divorce decrees, incorporation papers, marriage certificates, patent etc and brothers Pakistan is one of the non-apsotille countries.but we have a document which can be use as apostille and it is not affidavit (halfia biyan) make on stamp paper.well we will try to help u brother

Salam o alaikum warehmatullah my brother.
I also get Nikah wth a costa rican girl. I want to get pkistani visa for her. Because my family want to meet her and we have to get proper marrige. But i don't know how to apply for her visa. And what is the process. So please brother can you help me regarding this. I shell be very grateful to you.

Arshad Sethi Bhai,, Agar Shadi Costa Rica  kay larkey say kee  hay , tu  uss koo  yahan bulaoo yaar,, tum  wohaan  jaa  kar  kiay  karoo gay,, Bhai  apna Pakistan,  uss  say bahut  behtar  hayy,,, kiss chakar main hoo mery  dost

Good Luck

S.Haider wrote:

Arshad Sethi Bhai,, Agar Shadi Costa Rica  kay larkey say kee  hay , tu  uss koo  yahan bulaoo yaar,, tum  wohaan  jaa  kar  kiay  karoo gay,, Bhai  apna Pakistan,  uss  say bahut  behtar  hayy,,, kiss chakar main hoo mery  dost

Good Luck

As this is an ENGLISH speaking forum, please post in English only.
Thank you.

Hello sir,

I saw your message and I have the same problem but we want to get married in Costa Rica, for that I need to legalized my documents.
If you found the way then please help me to.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Regards,
Francis Blunt