What is the typical VIetnamese public school schedule?

Like, at the typical public school, where they wear the white and navy blue uniforms with their names sewn into the left breast pocket, what's their schedule? When do they go to school, when are their breaks, and when do they go home from school?

Also, how many classes a day do they typically have? What's the average amount of homework? I'm primarily interested in this for middle school (12-14 years old) and high school students. I teach English at a language center and I'm curious about where my evening and weekend classes with them fit into their schedules.

treesahquiche wrote:

Like, at the typical public school, where they wear the white and navy blue uniforms with their names sewn into the left breast pocket, what's their schedule? When do they go to school, when are their breaks, and when do they go home from school?

Also, how many classes a day do they typically have? What's the average amount of homework? I'm primarily interested in this for middle school (12-14 years old) and high school students. I teach English at a language center and I'm curious about where my evening and weekend classes with them fit into their schedules.

Is there such a thing?
I could never figure out my Step daughters timetable, apparently it used to change every week, sometimes she would only go to school for 2 hours, and she would go EVERY day of the week???? But I think city schools have a better routine , and more teachers.
Up here, different schools wear the same uniform.

We have elementary, secondary & high schools. For which school are you going to find students?

Scarletvn wrote:

We have elementary, secondary & high schools. For which school are you going to find students?

She means secondary school. We don't say secondary school in the USA. We say "middle school" in most places in the U.S. for grades 6-8.

Prevalent: grade school/elementary school = grades 1-5, middle school = 6-8, high school = 9-12.

Some places in the USA (significantly less common): grade/elementary school 1-6, junior high school 7-9, senior high school 10-12.

treesahquiche wrote:

Like, what's their schedule? When do they go to school, when are their breaks, and when do they go home from school?

My teen-aged daughter has classes scheduled from 08.00H through 17.00H with one hour for lunch and a couple of 15 minute breaks.

My daughter actually leaves the house around 06.30H, drives her electric wheels to a street restaurant where she meets her friends. By 07.30H they are banging on the gates when the caretaker lets them into the grounds.

treesahquiche wrote:

Also, how many classes a day do they typically have? What's the average amount of homework?

They have scheduled classes throughout the day. Often children go to a teacher's house where they supervise homework, give remedial lessons, etc.

There are classes for at least half of Saturday and frequently extra classes on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings.

Homework is given daily usually with a 2 or 3 day return date.

treesahquiche wrote:

I teach English at a language centre and I'm curious about where my evening and weekend classes with them fit into their schedules.

Evening glasses typically start at 18.00H (giving them time to eat) and finish at 21.00H

Saturdays are often three hour courses and Sunday mornings, too.

VN school facilities aren't usually the greatest - especially the toilets. Classroom teaching equipment is low tech.

" Evening glasses typically start at 18.00H (giving them time to eat) and finish at 21.00H

Saturdays are often three hour courses and Sunday mornings, too. "

I hope that doesn't catch on, 2 hours is enough with some of these kids, (  all the language schools up here are only 2 hrs, we have a 15 minute break after the first hour. ).