Helping a Guatemalan student move to Ecuador

A friend (daughter of my maid here in Guate) wants to study to be a doctor. She is 16 and has just finished her basic education. She wants to move to Ecuador to finish what, here, would be two years of "directed study" (basically pre-med) and then go to a university. She is bright and dedicated to the goal. I would like to help her which will likely include spending some time in Ecuador getting her "set up".
I am looking for information on how this transition can happen. School options (probably Cuenca or Loja but we are open to ideas), what it is likely to cost, ...
Any input would really be appreciated. Feel free to respond in English or Spanish.

Hello nicafyl

Here is a list of Medical schools in Ecuador with their contact details, website etc :

http://www.iime.org/database/southam/ecuador.htm

You can contact them directly to get the most precise infos.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks for the quick reply. That's good info and I am going to suggest Rocio contact them. They may have some good suggestions for the second part of the problem. That is, she needs to do two more years of "high school" first and would like to do it in Ecuador. In Guatemala this is "separate" from what is called "basic education" where you focus on a particular career or "college prep".
The question becomes whether there is that kind of focus and, well, which "pre-university" schools would be the best option for her.