Spanish Speaking Primary Schools in Ecuador/Cuenca

My family and I are considering a move to Ecuador.  We're currently living in Costa Rica where my daughters, 6 & 8 years old, are attending school.  Their Spanish is getting pretty good and we'd like to continue this with a year in another Spanish speaking country.

Ecuador, and Cuenca, sound great so now I'm trying to get more information on schools there.  In Cuenca it sounds like Santana is a good school but more than 50% of the day is spoken in English.  Is there anyone with experience that's heard differently?

I've heard that CEDFI and Bell Academy might be good options for us but there's not as much information out there about them.  Does anyone have experience with either school?  If so, I'm curious to hear your experiences or what you've heard.

We're mainly looking for a good school (doesn't have to be the best, but preferably not the worst either) where they speak 70+% Spanish in the classroom and are non-religious.  We're just planning to spend a year, so it's mainly for the cultural and language experience.

Also, are there other cities and/or schools that anyone would recommend in Ecuador?  We're not into really big cities so we'd prefer not to be in Quito or Guayaquil.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-John Fox

Hello John, I can't really help or point you to a school you desire however, today's Gringo Tree has a caption that highlights Spanish Speaking elementary schools and I believe higher grades as well.
Hope this aids you in your search

Our godson will go to the Asia_American school here in Cuenca.  It is bilingual, but mostly in Spanish.  It is a private but not church related school.

Mike